copy existing calendar items to another day

Last Updated:

1. avinashadvani

avinashadvani New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    anyone has any idea on how to do this

copy an existing appointment in the calendar to another day as and when needed, i notice on the android calendar HTC nexus and desire , everytime I need to enter a new appointment on the calendar days as needed.

in windows mobile we can simply click the appointment and drop down menu appears - we choose COPY and then go to the day we want and click and choose PASTE and go to another day and click and choose PASTE

this is helpful for similar appointments/events, instead of having to type it out each time.

cheers

Advertisement
  2. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

A little bit round about but you can just share the event to yourself then import it and just change the date. you can also easily duplicate events on line in the Google calendar.

3. avinashadvani

avinashadvani New Member This Topic's Starter

its a bit of bother to do it on a regular basis, and I would like to sync it with my outlook calendar as i work with outlook for all my contacts and calendaring.

is there any copy feature going to be included in future android releases :)

4. Anningham

Anningham New Member

I got my first android phone 3 days ago. I love it! It's so much better in so many ways than windows. :)

However I have a big niggle. :mad: I used to copy appointments to the next date very quickly and easily with windows. As the previous writer said a quick copy and paste. Just what you need when in a meeting and the next meeting date has been arranged. You don't want to have to put in the who, where etc all over again. Just put them in another date!

Please please please create this capacity in android calendar.

5. ogwilson

ogwilson Well-Known Member

Why not just change the date and time of the original entry?

6. neils31

neils31 Active Member

I use business calendar, its still a beta but very functional and its free in the market :)

Anningham likes this.
  7. Anningham

Anningham New Member

Helpful idea. Thanks.

I presume if I do this it replaces the old meeting with the new one?

I use the old diary as a way of adding up hours in outlook. I couldn't do it that way if I did this?

8. Rafareino

Rafareino New Member