copy music from iTunes (Mac G5) to Android

1. phillman5

phillman5 New Member

My iPod got stolen in Costa Rica, so now I am trying to use my Android phone. I got a 32 GB SD card (supported by phone, G2X). I have many questions.

1) I see Double Twist and iSyncr. Is either a universal app (will work on a G5)?

2) I already have tried copying directly, mounting the Android to the Mac. After copying files from iTunes folder to Android and unmounting, Android scans the SD card for media files. After that, some artists folders are empty, some not. Some MP3's the music app will play, some not. I reformated the SD card and tried again. Same story, but different music shows up on the android than before. I have Polaris Office app on the phone (more or less lets you look at your files). It shows some artists folders are empty, some artists folders aren't there, some folders show files that won't play. Its really a mixed bag. I have a mixture of vinyl I have converted to mp3, imported CD's, and bought through iTunes and Amazon. But I see no connection as to which work and which don't. It seems more so the first couple of artists (Aqua, ABBA) and the last few (Yes, ZZ Top) get copied, and the others don't. All seem to be on the phone when mounted to the computer (Mac) directly after the copy, but after unmounting, they are gone. Remounting the phone to the computer, and the computer shows that they aren't there.

I verified the SD card using DiskUtilitiy and it checked out OK.

Have others had similar problems? Will DoubleTwist or iSyncr solve this or does the memory card have problems?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

3. jaycbrf4

jaycbrf4 Well-Known Member

iTunes has nothing to do with it. It is just a music player app. Your music files should be in a folder called music in your personal directory.

You can mount sd card on mac desktop and directly copy music from mac to phone.

UNLESS your music is DRM protected because you purchased it through itunes store. Or the music was converted using a codec other than Lame MP3.

There are shareware programs that will remove the DRM protection from your mp3 library and make them playable on any device.

I copy music to and from my Powerbook and Droid 3 all the time...
  4. ajay.acharyakv

ajay.acharyakv Well-Known Member

Isyncr is the right solution... trust me & go for it...