• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

copy original of samsung galaxy i9300 siii , do you advise me to buy it ?

aboghazwan

Lurker
Feb 26, 2013
hi guys , I'm a new member here and I need your help .
I saw a copy original of galaxy siii with the almost the same specifications for half the price .
I have looked at it and tested it :
touch is smooth and quick and it has a dual core cpu , 512 mb ram ,8 mp front camera and a real copy of android 4.1.2 pre installed on it .
as a conclusion it seems good but I have heard that it can't be formatted if there'e is any problem in the software , it that true?
do you advise me to buy it or not ?
thanks in advance

Absolutely not. Chinese phones are death traps and specs are never to be believed. They sell for ~$30 in China, and I wouldn't advise them for anything more than a novelty.

thanks for your advise , actually it attracted me coz it's android phone with good specs for about 225$ seemed exactly like the original one .
thanks again my friend.

Upvote 0
thanks for your advise , actually it attracted me coz it's android phone with good specs for about 225$ seemed exactly like the original one .
thanks again my friend.

You can actually get a GSM Galaxy S2 for right around that price from Wal-Mart. Off contract and completely legit. Still a mid-to-upper level device. I would recommend that over anything which is counterfeit.

Reactions: aboghazwan
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeh it can be expensive.

As I love car analogies....It it all depends if you want a real Ferarri, or something that looks like a Ferrari, but in reallity it's actually a Yugo.

You might want to read our forum sticky about these things...
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

BTW I live in China, and I'm very familiiar with knock-off phones.

thanks for your opinion bro , but since you live in china what's your opinion about chinese brands like zopo zp500+ libero , is this good ?
and anyway I'll check the link you gave me , thanks again

Upvote 0
thanks for your opinion bro , but since you live in china what's your opinion about chinese brands like zopo zp500+ libero , is this good ?
and anyway I'll check the link you gave me , thanks again

It looks good on paper, not handled one for myself to see what it's actually like to use. My concern is that Zopo appears to be just a Shenzhen or HK wholesaler and trading company, and is NOT a manufacturer. The phone itself more than likely comes from some unknown manufacturer, and there's literally thousands of unknown factories in and around Shenzhen, all churning out Android phones. Zopo is using Hotmail for their main email contact, that's never a good sign. A little bit of further investigation about Zopo, tells me they're not even a reputable wholesaler trading company, seems very amateurish and vague.
Zopo Mobile Online Store - Buy Zopo CellPhone, Zopo Smartphone, Zopo Mobile Phone
Registrant Info: (FAST-18701664)
adong
adong Ke
mingzhi dadao 25 NO.
shenszhen, -
China

That's more than likely a private residential address, or a rented office, or even just a hotel bedroom. I've seen that before now.

Thing is when I buy one of these, I can just go to a local store, and pick-over and choose a good one, and haggle for a good price. If there's any problems with it, I can just take it back. The quality and reliability of many off-brand phones can be so variable, some are absolute garbage. Nearly always the cameras are terrible. You can't really truly tell, untll you actually see and use it for yourself. If you do buy a phone directly from China, all sales are caveat emptor(buyer beware). So if it is a lemon, or is not as described...hard luck! $200 or more down the drain.

If you want to get what I'd call a good value quality Chinese phone that's not going let you down and disappoint you, I'd suggest getting one from a reputable known manufacturer, like Huawei, ZTE, Coolpad, Lenovo or Hisense.

Reactions: aboghazwan
Upvote 0
It looks good on paper, not handled one for myself to see what it's actually like to use. My concern is that Zopo appears to be just a Shenzhen or HK wholesaler and trading company, and is NOT a manufacturer. The phone itself more than likely comes from some unknown manufacturer, and there's literally thousands of unknown factories in and around Shenzhen, all churning out Android phones. Zopo is using Hotmail for their main email contact, that's never a good sign. A little bit of further investigation about Zopo, tells me they're not even a reputable wholesaler trading company, seems very amateurish and vague.
Zopo Mobile Online Store - Buy Zopo CellPhone, Zopo Smartphone, Zopo Mobile Phone
Registrant Info: (FAST-18701664)
adong
adong Ke
mingzhi dadao 25 NO.
shenszhen, -
China
That's more than likely a private residential address, or a rented office, or even just a hotel bedroom. I've seen that before now.

Thing is when I buy one of these, I can just go to a local store, and pick-over and choose a good one, and haggle for a good price. If there's any problems with it, I can just take it back. The quality and reliability of many off-brand phones can be so variable, some are absolute garbage. Nearly always the cameras are terrible. You can't really truly tell, untll you actually see and use it for yourself. If you do buy a phone directly from China, all sales are caveat emptor(buyer beware). So if it is a lemon, or is not as described...hard luck! $200 or more down the drain.

If you want to get what I'd call a good value quality Chinese phone that's not going let you down and disappoint you, I'd suggest getting one from a reputable known manufacturer, like Huawei, ZTE, Coolpad, Lenovo or Hisense.

yes that's right we can't know which zopo website is their official website and they use hotmail mail for mailing customers so they might be unknown manfacturer like the ones who make copies of samsung and htc and so ...
thanks for making me aware of this point .
and since I can't test that zopo before buying it coz I'm gonna buy it from the internet you won't recommend it for me and I think yo are right .
Huawei has a very good reputation with average price so it may be my best choice .
thanks for that useful explanation and advise .

Upvote 0
Just want to mention that the specs of that copy don't come anywhere close to the real thing. The international version is equip with a 1.4 quad core processor with 1GB of ram while the US version get's a 1.5 dual core processor and 2GB of ram. You should be able to find a used S2 or S3 that would fit your price range.

Upvote 0
Just want to mention that the specs of that copy don't come anywhere close to the real thing. The international version is equip with a 1.4 quad core processor with 1GB of ram while the US version get's a 1.5 dual core processor and 2GB of ram. You should be able to find a used S2 or S3 that would fit your price range.

thanks for information , I think I'll prefer a new huawei to a used galaxy s2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones