Copy/Paste from text?

Last Updated:

1. meyersdvm

meyersdvm New Member This Topic's Starter

I searched, but didn't find an exact answer...
    I am switching from a BB. I receive text messages from my office with client's phone numbers. We prefer to keep our mobile numbers private, so we need to block our caller id on a per call basis. It wouldn't work for us to block caller id on all calls.
    On my BB, I would copy and paste the number and then add *67 as a prefix.
    on the Hero I can't find a way to edit the phone number from the text message. I can delete it, but can't add to it. Most of these numbers I would not want to add to my address book. I had my office text the number with *67 as a prefix, but the Hero doesn't recognize the *. It just copies the digits.
    What workaround options do I have?

Thanks so much!

edited to add I am on Sprint

Advertisement
  2. meyersdvm

anyone have any suggestions? I am getting desperate to find a better way to call instead of writing the number on a sticky note and manually entering it in.
    Please???

3. chrish

chrish Member

To copy & paste long press on any (I believe) editable text message - you get a menu with copy/cut/select options. Then do the same elsewhere to paste.

Cheers, Chris

4. meyersdvm

Thanks for the reply. I tried to do this and I don't get the option to cut and paste. It will copies the number automatically but won't add the *.

I am trying out an app Flex Dialer Lite and just having it add the * to numbers that I want to block caller id from showing. So far it seems to work.