Copy & paste ICS 4.0.4

1. waldopepper

waldopepper Member

Not sure if this is something to do with what apps etc I have installed but I can no longer use the copy/paste function on my Galaxy S3!

It's running 4.0.4 on Three network (UK) and I don't think this was caused by any recent operating system updates. I use Swiftkey as input but the same problem happens with the stock keyboard.

In some apps I can cut text, but pasting doesn't do anything.

Long pressing on one character space no longer brings up the copy/paste menu, I have to highlight a word then this menu is visible, but paste doesn't work.

Also when using Chrome, when I try to copy or past a URL it stops Chrome working completely after freezing for a few seconds.

Has anyone had any similar issues?

Is there a way of restoring features like this to their default settings or is it just a part of the operating system?

Advertisement
    :
  2. KWD

KWD New Member

Good Day,

I have almost the same problem.

My Device details:
    SGS3 (GT-I9300) - I9300XXLH1 - ICS 4.0.4

The problem is: Copy and paste function not working after update!

in all apps when i make any copy for a text or line, it will force closed, for example:

-Using [Whatsapp] when i copy any text its not working and say
    "This Functionality is not supported on your device"

- Using [Chrome] when i copy anything it will force closed.

Please i need help and solution without re-install new ROM.

Best regards,
    KWD.
  3. waldopepper

waldopepper Member

Well I have had this problem for a few months now - copy/paste simply don't work. Chrome used to crash when I tried to copy from it. I was just waiting for JellyBean to see if this fixed the issue.

I upgraded to JellyBean 4.1.1 yesterday and although it doesn't force Chrome to freeze any longer, copy & paste are still not working.

I have also performed a hard reset (hard reboot, not factory restore) and this doesn't fix it.

Any ideas anyone that don't involve restoring factory settings?