copy/paste malfunction HTC hero

Last Updated:

1. chadzilla

chadzilla New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 28, 2010
    I have just had my htc hero 'fixed' at a Sprint store. I've had various problems since my last update.
    Problems: Phone became stuck in Safe Mode, and would not exit. Voicemail app disappeared. My Twidroyd app would not load after running an update.
    Most of these problems were fixed, but I have one remaining and very annoying malfunction. Whenever I'm in text mode or typing an email or trying to update contact info (anything that requires typing), the copy/paste/edit window continually and repeatedly pops up... sometimes to the point where I cannot even perform the function. This happens even when I am not touching anything. I can put the phone down, and the pop-ups just keep coming.
    I firmly believe that the copy/paste addition to the Android functions is a great thing, but how do I turn it off completely? It is really hindering any basic phone communication. Since I really hate talking on the phone, text and email are my main forms of contace. This has become almost impossible to do on my hero.
    Any suggestions?

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Jul 9, 2010

When the Sprint store "fixed" your phone did they do a factory reset on it? If not maybe now is the time to consider doing a factory data reset?

Otherwise you might want to try posting this in the HTC Hero Support forum...
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Jan 11, 2010