copy paste phone numberSupport

Last Updated:

1. bbh13

bbh13 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey does anyone know how to copy/paste a number to make a call from it? as some numbers don't come up as being recognised as phone numbers

cheers

Advertisement
  2. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

doh! I see what you mean; for example, 123456789 will not recognise as a number to call. I suppose the way to do it is copy it into a new contact and add the 0 or whatever is missing

3. bbh13

bbh13 Member This Topic's Starter

yeah but who wants to do that! I wonder if there is a phone app that can do it or are you stuck with the htc one?

4. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

I am using the stock Sense dialer, there may well be an app for that!

5. kibbo86

kibbo86 New Member

Hi all, reviving this old post 'cause it came up high on a google search I ran looking for a good answer FYR this question.

Solution: copy the phone number the usual way, and then paste it into the android search bar. It'll give you the option to dial the phone number.

Hope this helps someone.

6. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

With Froyo v2.2 so far I've never had to do anything...just tap on the number and it recognises the numbers for a call and brings up the dialer automatically so all I have to do is tap the Call button. With v2.1 it would sometimes not know what to do, but with 2.2 it's been 100% so far.

7. kibbo86

kibbo86 New Member

That explains why I couldn't find much more recent than this.

TELUS in Canada hasn't yet released 2.2,which is why i don't have it loaded yet. This post might help someone up help.

8. kronhead

kronhead Active Member

Check out the app Number Saver. It is actually designed to do something different - it gives you a palce to ENTER a number while on a call, and then dial it or save it afterward - but, if you launch Number Saver, it will pick up a number from the clipboard, and allow you to dial it. Great little tool. I'm going to make a donation - if you all like it, you should do that to.

BTW - I have nothing to do with the software or the author - I just think we should show our appreciation to app developers.

Dan

tobydjones likes this.
  9. heinduplessis

heinduplessis Active Member

Sorry I've tried that, how do I get the search bar to give me the dial option?

Silly that you can't paste a number into the dialer!! I have to send myself an email / sms every time!