Copy & Paste Web Pages

Last Updated:

1. ronjcar

ronjcar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried the methods on here to select text, wait for the pink box and slide my finger across the text and watch it turn pink. This method jumps around and you can not control what is selected very well. Parts change from pink to not pink as others alternate another way. I have tried using the up arrow or shift key without any better results. Then somewhere in the middle of all this the copied to clipboard comes up. Can you view tis clipboard somehow? Then I try to paste into gmail and paste is not an option. Does anyone know how to do this so it works like windows?
    Thanks
    Ron

Advertisement
  2. deskset

deskset Active Member

The default browser does not work well. Try Dolphin Browser. It is free from the Android Market. I just learned about this feature. Open the browser to the page you want. Press the Menu button on the phone. Click on the Circle with the arrow (More). Click on 'select text'. Then use your finger to highlight the text you want. You will get a message 'text copied to clipboard'. Then open the program that you want to paste the text into. Long press the screen; one of the menu options will read 'paste text'...
    Best. Deskset ;)

3. ronjcar

ronjcar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using Dolphin. Still no luck with it working good.

4. Grecho

Grecho Well-Known Member

If you highlight the box where you want to paste with the directional pad and then long press the center, paste will come up as an option if you have text on the clipboard. This is what ive been using.