copy/pasteGeneral

Last Updated:

1. oilcan86

oilcan86 New Member This Topic's Starter

I apologize if this has been covered but a search didn't turn up this particular question. A friend sent me his address in gmail. I was able to copy it but I couldn't figure out how to paste it in the HTC people application under his contact info. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. arock

arock Well-Known Member

Generally you just long press in the text area and a pop up box will come up the paste option. Or at least thats how it should work.

3. oilcan86

Hey, I tried that with no luck. I gather this is a no-go?

4. Sk0t24

Sk0t24 Active Member

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I just tried the long tap to paste and it worked for me. :confused:

5. oilcan86

Somebody please correct me if wrong but after fiddling for awhile I realized copying text, such as in the body of an email, is not possible. It would highlight the address because of the maps feature but it wasn't copying it.

----------Allrighty finally got it to work though it sure wasn't easy highlighting the right block of text-sorry to fill up this board with semi useless queries-

6. Heroine

Heroine Well-Known Member

Hi, how did u get it to work in the end? I would like to be able to copy one or two lines of txt from an incoming email and fwd on in a new email. Any help appreciated. A long press on original email text does nothing on my Hero :confused:

7. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member

Ah ha! Always wondered how to paste. Thanks for the info. (Seems like a long press is the equivalent of right click! When in doubt - long press.)