Copying contacts from sim to phone

1. WigglesMan

WigglesMan New Member

Soi have all of my contacts on my sim card, but i want to transfer them to the desire. How is this done? I cant do the syncing to outlook way with my old phone as due to reasons i can not.

Another question relating to this, how would i then only view phone contacts?

Advertisement
  2. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

I haven't tried this myself, but it might be worth exporting your SIM contacts to the SD card, then importing them to the phone from the SD card.
  3. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Ok, click the PEOPLE widget, press the MENU button, Import/Export, 'Import from SIM card.

To see just Phone Contacts select VIEW from the same PEOPLE widget MENU and tick only 'Phone'.
  4. azz

azz Well-Known Member

Is it better to export to phone or Google account and why? I hope someone answers this as I have some on phone and some on Google.
  5. sukku

sukku New Member

I think it is better to save it on the phone as I just did....

Thanks
    sukku
  6. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

It is better to have them as google accounts, because they are then automatically backed up. I also find them easier to manage.

If you have them as phone accounts and then anything happens to your phone, like losing it, then your contacts are gone.

There's a free app on the market called 'export contacts' It will put all of your contacts in to a file which can then be imported in to your google contact list, and then synchronised with your phone.