Copying Contents Of SD CardSupport

Last Updated:

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I ordered a 16GB Sandisk microSDHC card towards the end of the last week and it should be with me early next week.

I'll obviously be wanting to transfer the contents of the 4GB microSD card I received with the handset to my new microSD card.

Is it as simple as copying and pasting every single folder across from one card to the other?

If so, what is the easiest way to go about this? I have an SD card adapter, so I could put my new SD card in my laptop and connect my phone to my laptop as an external drive and copy or cut all the files across, then insert the new SD card in my phone?

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Yeah just put new sd card in laptop,connect phone to laptop then copy and paste contents of sd card onto the new sd card.

Then it is just a matter of putting new sd card into phone,it is a very easy process.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If you use the above method, don't cut and paste. Copy. Cause if you put the new card in your phone with the only copy of your data, and the phone isn't happy with the formatting, it could be lost.

I would copy contents to PC, then put new SD in phone then copy back. Personally I think its safer.

4. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks chaps. I received my new SD card today and copied the contents over with ease. I booted my phone up with the new SD card installed and works fine.

5. robmasoboy

robmasoboy Member

Can I copy the contents of my HTC Incredible S to my PC and then copy the contents to the HTC Sensation SD card. Will this work. Will sms messages and photos work.

6. amit_eighty8

amit_eighty8 Well-Known Member

Ahhh... u can copy all the photos from ur sd card ..those are in DCIM folder.

and about messages ...you can back up them using any message backup application

...above is full proof.

You sensation card will not be empty and the content will be overwrited (so do not use your approach)

7. 2012

2012 Well-Known Member

robmasoboy likes this.
  8. robmasoboy

robmasoboy Member

9. amit_eighty8

amit_eighty8 Well-Known Member

LOL......No it just read the content of your sd card....where the it will place the xml files as backup