Copying files from Micro SD Card, phone hard drive, onto PC desktop, macbook, etc.?

1. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member

I've checked related posts and this question specifically pertains to the HTC Hero Sprint CDMA phone.

Before connecting my phone to my PC desktop computer, I want to verify if this is the correct method:

Question

May simply connect my USB cable from my HTC Hero into my USB drive into my PC desktop?

Will this pop-up the files, directly, etc?

May I simply Copy/Paste the file(s) (pictures, etc.) into a file on my PC desktop hard drive?

Is there simply a folder with my Micro-SD card files?

Are there any other folders of files, etc. that may be on my phone which may be copied as well (i.e., Apps, etc.)?

It's interesting to note that if an iPhone or iPod Touch is ever lost or misplaced, everything is backed up on iTunes on an external device.

I suppose if I lose my phone, I'll have to start over. Correct? Or is there a way to backup Scenes, downloaded apps, customizations, etc.?

Advertisement
  2. abourne

I found this

How do I connect (mount) my Android phone to my co... - T-Mobile Forums

and this

How To Copy Files To The HTC Hero. Several Steps For File Transferring

I think I need some work on removing the USB cable from the phone safely:

These last steps are what I need to focus on next.

Questions

I suppose I can safely delete files on my SD card from my computer (while connected via the USB cord).

Would it make sense to simply by a card reader that fits a micro-SD card?

3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

if you need to X-fer LARGE files (movies, your entire iTunes library, :D etc) then yes get a card to do those types of large file transfers. if you just have small files (programs, cabs, a few music trax..) you can do that once you mount the card while its still in the phone.
  4. JohnnyD

JohnnyD New Member

I was wondering if there was an app that did this. Had an old windows based phone that i used to take a backup of a data file to my home computer and it did it automatically. Are there any apps that would sync this file to the phone so i can transfer it?
  5. abourne

That's an interesting question, because I find sync very valuable when choosing an App.

I use notepads that sync with either Google Notes or a folder in Google docs.

It would be interesting to see if there's a service that'll sync with images or files.

One quick way to transfer an image from your phone to computer is to email it as an attachment and then download it on your PC. These can also be sent to Flickr, Twitter, etc.