• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

copying music to droid

i tried all the apps (doubletwist, isyncr etc.) but i found it to be easier just copying the music folders into my phone ; just like i do on itunes. i was just wondering if i drag a folder in to my phone when its already in there, will it copy twice? i.e i have a folder for singles that i download off sites like hotnewhiphop & when i only download one song i drag it to that folder. so will i be able to constantly drag that folder on to my phone every few days & will it only update the new songs or will it multiply every song - everytime i do this. :thinking:

If you are using windows 7 it will ask you to replace, copy and rename, or merge the 2 folders. So just select move and replace or merge and it will update only the new songs.

Also a really cool app if you want your full music library but dont have space download homepipe off the market and stream it to your phone

--------------------------------------------------------------
Found the post on unanswered threads, got time check it out

Upvote 0
nope will be the same in vista, as long as the folder has the same name, it will keep a copy on your computer and put one on your phone.

As long as you weren't using linux or mac what I said would apply
If your using a GUI in Linux, it does the same thing. I assume the same applies for Macs also.

Pretty much any OS with a file manager in the past 15 years will prompt you what to do with duplicates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones