copying music to droid

Last Updated:

1. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

i tried all the apps (doubletwist, isyncr etc.) but i found it to be easier just copying the music folders into my phone ; just like i do on itunes. i was just wondering if i drag a folder in to my phone when its already in there, will it copy twice? i.e i have a folder for singles that i download off sites like hotnewhiphop & when i only download one song i drag it to that folder. so will i be able to constantly drag that folder on to my phone every few days & will it only update the new songs or will it multiply every song - everytime i do this. :confused:

2. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

If you are using windows 7 it will ask you to replace, copy and rename, or merge the 2 folders. So just select move and replace or merge and it will update only the new songs.

Also a really cool app if you want your full music library but dont have space download homepipe off the market and stream it to your phone

Found the post on unanswered threads, got time check it out
  3. Billy_617

i have vista.. so you think ill have to delete the folder everytime?
  4. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

nope will be the same in vista, as long as the folder has the same name, it will keep a copy on your computer and put one on your phone.

As long as you weren't using linux or mac what I said would apply
  5. Billy_617

thank you kind sir.
  6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

If your using a GUI in Linux, it does the same thing. I assume the same applies for Macs also.

Pretty much any OS with a file manager in the past 15 years will prompt you what to do with duplicates.
  7. Billy_617

i was just making sure.. because motorola media link or w.e put dublicates & some uh triplets? triplicets? aha & i had to format my sd ( i didnt feel like going through that again )