• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copying music

KathyJM

Jan 16, 2012
UK
I can copy music files from my PC to my Acer Iconia using Explorer or by syncing with Media Player, but I can't play the music. If I try opening the .wma files with Google Play Music I get a message "Couldn't play the track you requested" and 7 Digital brings up the album info but says "An error occurred while reading track".

However, I downloaded a track from Play Store and, while that plays, I can't find where it has been stored (it's not in the 'music' folder or in downloads)

What am I doing wrong?

I can copy music files from my PC to my Acer Iconia using Explorer or by syncing with Media Player, but I can't play the music. If I try opening the .wma files with Google Play Music I get a message "Couldn't play the track you requested" and 7 Digital brings up the album info but says "An error occurred while reading track".

For this, you need to make sure that the app you are trying to play the files with can play .wma files.

However, I downloaded a track from Play Store and, while that plays, I can't find where it has been stored (it's not in the 'music' folder or in downloads)

What am I doing wrong?

AFAIK there's no way to retrieve those files from the device. You can however use this to be able to download those files to your computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones