Copying Pictures from the S3 to the PCSupport

1. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

Anyone have an idea on why I can not copy images/movies that I have taken with the S3 to my PC? I can copy anything that was on my card from a previous device but nothing that I have taken with this one. The card works fine as I can copy if I remove the card from the phone and place it in a reader. If this is a bug its a very weird one.

Advertisement
    :
  2. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

Can you get to the files on your computer?
    Is usb debugging on located in setting developer options
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

What do you mean by 'I cannot copy'? Does it give you errors or what?
  4. bigsmokefarmer

bigsmokefarmer Well-Known Member

Are you able to access other features of the phone via your PC? some cables only support charging and not a data connection so could be your problem.
  5. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

USB debugging is not on. Yes I can get to other files on my computer system.

It gives an error but not a explanation. Just a long string of code and asks if I want to try again or cancel.

The cable supports data as well because I can do pictures and movies that I did not take with the S3. I have 100s on my phone that were taken with previous devices. All of those will copy over just fine. It is only the ones that the S3 has captured that will not.
  6. psyjohn

psyjohn Active Member

Have you tried using Dropbox? I started using that several months ago to upload my pics automatically. Now, I never even have to think about it; just open my dropbox folder on my computer and my pics are there.
  7. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

No I haven't used dropbox and don't plan to. I shouldn't have to use a cloud based app to do something the device should be able to do on its on.
  8. laptopquestion

laptopquestion Well-Known Member

You can also try the free AirDroid, assuming you have a wireless network.
  9. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

You should be able to plug it into a computer via usb and just grab the folder and pull it over. now you said you can remove the card and put it in a card reader, so i assume you are default saving your pics and movies to an external sd card. so the only thing i can guess is that you are in the interal sd cards storage trying to find your files
  10. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

No, I was in the external card. The files can be seen they just will not copy over. This wouldn't be quite as much of an issue to me if the ones that were not taken with the S3 wouldn't copy either but they do.