Copying Video to desire help.....

Last Updated:

1. bagz

bagz Member This Topic's Starter

Help guys, i'm trying to put videos onto my Desire but with no joy. I'm dragging the files from my computer into folders on my Desire but cant seem to find them on my phone. Even when i do a search on my phone find it comes up with nothing.

I cant even find a video player in which to look for them.

Can someone give me a guide on which folders video's should be placed into, and how to find them on my phone and view them?

Advertisement
  2. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

If you put videos in the SD card you can make a separate folder for it example I named mine's VIDEO. The desire only plays 3GP files so if you put in avi,rmvb. The desire will not play them.

But there is a video player(beta) that came out recently you can take a look here http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/102360-divx-support-here-rockplayerbase.html

I got it installed and tried to play a rmvb file and the quality was really good.

bagz likes this.
  3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

the default mp4 (m4v or 3gp) player is in the photos app, you should see a folder of movies.

you can copy movies to /sdcard/movies if the folder exists, or as said above just create a folder on the sd card called video, or movies etc.

use handbreak or a similar desktop program to create mp4 files for your phone from avi files or any other format.

bagz likes this.