CorePlayer Mobile 2.0 is soon coming to Android OS!!!

1. hatman

hatman Member

hi,

Dunno if this has been posted recently but the CoreCodec team is still in the current process of developing CorePlayer 2.0 for Android OS.

I found these screenshots of the internal test builds

For those of you who don't know of CorePlayer, just think about VLC media player or MPlayer on your Windows/Linux system - a powerful monolithic video player solution that supports a great amount of different video file-types and codecs straight out of the box. Think about MKV and FLV video that CorePlayer 2.0 will properly support that Android currently doesn't support. Think about a richer video playing experience with more options than what is found in a standard player.

Don't take my subjective info for it, look at their official software description yourself:
    You can follow thier latest development on twitter:
    CoreCodec (CoreCodec) on Twitter

Official form and topic here:

Advertisement
    :
    PaulMcCartney, ct2020 and lekky like this.
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

thanks for this info, interesting to see how well it runs, especially if it runs mkv with subs!

3. credemann

credemann Well-Known Member

hatman- any update? I visited their website and did not find a update-looking for a way to stream ASX on DROID
  4. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

Now, this is cool news. Finally, we will be able to play some videos without conversions.
  5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Nice, Android really needs this, I miss watching unconverted vids on my i8910/HD2.

Good thing I'll be getting this playback support in my Galaxy S, likely to be superior to Coreplayer.
  6. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

Nothing to get excited about yet...just a UI. If it can actually delivered what's promised then there is reason to get excited.
  7. theseeker2654

theseeker2654 New Member

Especially since they have been working on it for over 2 years now. I see no reason to get too excited yet. I mean, the app looks great and it seems like they know what they are doing.... but 2 years? Seems like the version that should have gotten the fast track treatment is getting placed on the back burner for... the webos version? Yea thats real smart. Since all of 2 people use palm devices anymore.

I guess I should back up and say the reason I sound so bitter is that we really need this app in the Android catalogue as there are no good apps that will play divx/xvid and none that will play mkv. This is quite huge, and it seems like its not really a priority for them at all.
  8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I had CorePlayer on my Nokia E63. It was great little app that was full of options and could really play anything. Whether or not the CPU was up to snuff was another matter.
  9. BrianFX

BrianFX Well-Known Member

Agreed, which is why I'm so glad Samsung took some serious initiative and added native support for nearly every video codec & container on the planet to the Galaxy S line (including mkv).

But for all current Android owners, there is a definite need for this type of app.
  10. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

many of these codecs have to be licensed and that's not so easy for a small enterprising developer.
  11. Mooderator

Mooderator New Member

1st post!:D

The only thing about my new droid is no flv or mkv support is CorePlayer the only option available to me?:confused:
  12. Mooderator

Mooderator New Member

Found a solution! RockPlayer covers all of this for me:)
  13. emlida

emlida New Member

Hi all,

Could u pls help me to release the coreplayer and lcg jukebox for Android OS?

Thank in advance

14. emlida

emlida New Member

Dear all,

Could u pls help me to release SRS sound booster for Android OS?

Thank in advance

15. hatman

hatman Member

RockPlayer is a great CURRENT solution for playing back my .mkv and .flv files (it even supports high-quality vp6 in flv :) ). Rock was created with the Android NDK and ffmepg making it the first native app on Android market right?

Still CorePlayer would bring far greater usability to Android in it's stacks and plugins.
  16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I forgot all about Core Player. I loved this on my WinMo phone. It made playlists super easy.

Does Rock Player make playlist easy?
  17. kizer8

kizer8 Active Member

Anybody heard when?
  18. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member

This is good news. I used Core player on my old Palm TX.
  19. TheSystem

TheSystem Well-Known Member

I've been using Coreplayer since the Palm Treo 650 days.

CoreCodec Tweeted this on the 4th of October, follow them.

"We are planning to get the first Beta of CorePlayer 2.0 out to testers next week for Android, iPhone and iPad"
  20. phazei

phazei Member

CorePlayer major fail. They suck. They could have built a player from scratch in the past 11 months.
  21. Remus65

Remus65 New Member

You are right. Try also BSPlayer until CorePlayer appears.