1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Corning gorilla glass 2 or 3????General

1. I've read a dozen reviews on this phone and some state that it's gorilla glass2 and some state it's gorilla glass3, can someone chime in to what it actually is? Even cornings website says that the lg g2 is glass 2, I'm hoping it's not the case

Advertisement
    :
  2. ktriebol

ktriebol Well-Known Member

3. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

4. 3 is strong like bull
  5. streetkilln

To be honest itll still crack if it lands on the screen.
    If u want a crack resistant screen get that new samsung 5.5 flex screen phone
  6. CGdroid

CGdroid Active Member

It's LG g2, not g3 .

g2 = glass2

7. streetkilln

i dont think that what it really means lol
  8. CGdroid

CGdroid Active Member

You knew that I was just kidding, right? :)
  9. Katmeat

Katmeat Member

I just got this phone yesterday and was wondering the same thing. Do we need a screen protector with GG2, in you opinion? Thanks.
  10. stew930

stew930 Well-Known Member

I would put one on. I put a screen protector on last weekend and when I was using lint free cloth to clean the screen before applying the protector I noticed two very miner scratches. My G2 has never been face down or in a pocket with anything. First phone of mine to ever have a scratch on the screen and I usually run them without a screen protector.
  11. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Seriously, does it really matter in the end? How about we know the level of fiber fill in the plastic back? Is it strait PC or did they use PC/ABS blend?

Gorilla Glass 3 is stronger than 2, but that doesn't translate into any real word benefits, because in actuality, they provide GG3 in thinner sheets.

Real world benefits of GG2 vs GG3 is not noticeable by the end user. The only design advantage is it lets the phone be slightly slimmer.

And my opinion is you should always use a screen protector. Gorilla glass can scratch and chip, even GG3. We are still one whale trip back in time from transparent aluminum.
  12. Katmeat

Katmeat Member

Thanks for the sound advice. I installed a screen protector just for the peace of mind.
  13. streetkilln

haha yea i did.
  14. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

Directly from the Gorillas

[​IMG]