Corporate Calendar

Last Updated:

1. rpartin

rpartin Member This Topic's Starter

Droid does email (Exchange)... Droid does contacts (Exchange)... Droid dont do Corporate Calendar.. I get the authentication failed wheen I try to refresh. Anyone have any ideas for this? And we are using Office 2002 so the google calendar sync option isnt even viable.
    Help!!!

Advertisement
  2. ZPrime

ZPrime Member

There's no such thing as Office 2002. Also, the version of Office that you're using is pretty much irrelevant as far as remote sync is concerned - Exchange version is what matters (needs to be Exchange 2003 SP2, or Exchange 2007).

Also, your IT department needs to have it all setup correctly. Exchange 2003 is MUCH harder to do this with than 2007.

If a Windows Mobile phone works, a Droid should as well.

3. rpartin

Office 2002 is Office XP... and the version of OFFICE is what matters for the gmail sync to work. Gmail sync only works with Office 2003 and 2007, not XP (2002). It has nothing to do with Exchange. Everything works but Calendar so I dont understand. Anyone with HELPFUL information?

4. peskygnat

peskygnat New Member

I got the Droid today, the "Corporate Calendar" has all my meetings on it. Works Great. The only negative is that all the widgets out there and other calendar apps can't use it because it isn't part of my google account. I really wanted an agenda view in a widget. :(

Oh, and I am the IT guy for my company. Yes, if a windows mobile phone syncs, then this should too. It was VERY easy to setup. We are using Exchange 2007. Outlook version doesn't matter.

5. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

My corp calendar is working. Exchange 2007.

6. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

Did you look at this widget? I haven't tried it yet myself but it may work for you.

Executive Assistant (Appventive)

7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Good luck if you are on 2000/exchange/outlook :)

I found a work around to FINALLY sync my outlook 2000 to google, yay! There is NOTHING on the internets about this, but it does require a 3rd party app.

8. rpartin

Everything is syncing fine as of yesterday. I didnt change anything on the server but the calendar started syncing. OK.... DROID DOES EVERYTHING!!!!
    :D

9. hwhewitt

hwhewitt New Member

I am getting a "authentication failed" message when trying to use my corporate calendar. Outlook and contacts are syncing perfectly through active sync. Any reason why the calendar wouldn't sync if everything else does. This is the last step for total assimilation.

10. Tripp

Tripp New Member

I just moved to the Droid from a Windows Mobile Device. Calendar worked just fine on the old phone, but I get the same "Authentication Failed" message now. Not sure which version of Exchange we have running. I've tried deleting and re-starting the account a couple of times with no luck.

11. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

See the thread in my signature for troubleshooting and info about exchange errors. Hopefully you will find something helpful there!

12. rpartin

1. Go to the marketplace and download the free version of Touchdown.
    2. Once it is installed configure it to your server.
    3. After it is syncing go to the settings and go down to the folder selection.
    4. Remove everything except calendar and tasks.
    5. Do a refresh to make sure that the calendar is working.
    6. Next go to the email app on the phone (Not Touchdown).
    7. Click on the menu button and go to settings.
    8. Go down to incoming settings.
    9. Make sure that you have DOMAIN\username, password, exchange server, use secure ssl (if needed), do not check the Accept all SSL certs button.
    10. Press the home button.
    11. Go to settings.
    12. Click on Accounts and sync
    13. Click on your exchange account.
    14. Make sure that corporate calendar is checked.
    15. Now go to your corporate calendar.
    16. Click the menu button and do a refresh.
    17. Your calendar should now work.
    18. Now you can click home.
    19. Go to settings
    20. Applications
    21. Manage Applications
    22. Select Touchdown and Un-install.
    Worked on 3 different Droids!!! Good luck!

13. hagar852

hagar852 Active Member

I am also the IT guy for our company as well and I was having that same problem of "authentication failed".

I removed my corporate account on the phone, set it up again, and the calendar started working.

That is all I did for it to work.

We have exchange 2003/sp2.

14. Livinlife

Livinlife Member

So, just posting this in here instead of making a new thread...

I've got my server linked and everything is fine for calendar and email... My issue is when I go from agenda view to month view I jump back to the current month but 1969... Is there a fix for this? When I click "today" it jumps to todays date but when choosing "month" view it revert back to 1969 again...

15. The HITMAN

The HITMAN Well-Known Member

I wish I could just find a way to use Exchange even though I don't work for a company that uses it. I just wanna use it so I don't have to use my POP3 e-mail settings and have to worry about pulling from my verizon.net e-mail address every 5 minutes to get my e-mail and wasting my battery. :(

16. beatyourtruck

beatyourtruck New Member

My exchange email and contacts synced up right away but got the "authentication error" as well on the corporate calendar. I removed my account and set it up again yesterday afternoon after reading hagar852's post. No dice......until this morning when I was delighted to see a corporate calendar reminder on my top bar! :D I just wanted to say thanks to hagar852 for the simple solution and if you are having this trouble and try this fix, let your Droid sleep on it overnight and you could get the same results as me!

17. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

just FYI, there are a ton of threads with lots of information on this exact topic. you'll likely find lots of great tips.

18. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

Since you have the droid i assume you have a gmail account? I use my gmail to pull pop from 3 Verizon accounts and one other gmail account. All my mail gets funneled into 1 gmail acct. and with color tags is easy to ID. So I only have to worry about gmail setup on my phone and not gmail plus 3 Verizon accounts.
    This might be an option for you to look at (if you haven't already).
    J.

19. loco

loco Member

is it possible to sync 2 corporate calendars with my droid ?

this may be unique, but i use a departmental calendar and a personal calendar at my job. both are outlook exchange calendars and both are pretty important. im a supervisor so i need the departmental calendar to keep track of employees and my personal corporate calendar for meetings, tasks and agendas etc......

thanks folks !

20. Droid421

Droid421 Active Member

I don't use the corporate calendar app and I haven't even set up an email account with it but it is always running in the background. I don't want to uninstall it because it is an app that is installed by default on the Droid but I would like to disable it somehow. I prefer not to use a task killer app because I don't use one to begin with and I don't want to install an app to fix the problem. I am trying to free more RAM and that would defeat the purpose.

21. Chris6565

Chris6565 Member

Is it possible to completely disable corporate calendar so I never have to use ATK to kill it. Kinda ridiculous that we need an app to stop other apps.

22. mike.in.china

mike.in.china New Member

I don't know of any way to sync two exchange calendars at the same time with only one exchange account installed. Maybe if you install a second exchange account which has the calendar attached it might just work? I don't have credentials of a second exchange account to test, but in theory it would seem to work as I described.

When in the calendar application.... select MENU, MORE, My Calendars, and you should be able to see the secondary email address that is linked to your just added account. I would suspect that items show up in different colors to help distinguish.

23. daragh

daragh New Member

I've been using Nitrodesk Exchange, and I've got to say it's the best Exchange experience with the most complete functionality and easy setup.

I'm not usually a fanboy, but i gladly handed over $20 for this.