• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Corporate Email Keeps Crashing

atelian

Lurker
Feb 19, 2013
I've had my corporate email account on my Bionic for about 8 months. Until last week it was working fine, then it started freezing and/or crashing whenever I try to use it. When I want to just read email, it opens but it is really slow. When I try to do anything else like mark as read or move the email it crashes.

I thought I could just remove the account and start fresh but when I go to "Remove Account," nothing happens. It just takes me back to the settings. Under Verizon's instruction, I also did a factory reset of the phone to wipe it all out and I'm still having the same problem.

Has anyone had this problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

I've had my corporate email account on my Bionic for about 8 months. Until last week it was working fine, then it started freezing and/or crashing whenever I try to use it. When I want to just read email, it opens but it is really slow. When I try to do anything else like mark as read or move the email it crashes.

I thought I could just remove the account and start fresh but when I go to "Remove Account," nothing happens. It just takes me back to the settings. Under Verizon's instruction, I also did a factory reset of the phone to wipe it all out and I'm still having the same problem.

Has anyone had this problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forums, atelian. There are a few suspicions in my mind, not the least of which is your sd card contents importing corrupted or bloated files back into the newly reset device.

I take four main steps when an app acts as you describe, whether it's email or not: 1. clear cache, 2. wipe cache partition in recovery menu, 3. remove and examine sd card on pc with en eye toward possible replacement and "starting over" with a clean, new one, 4. remove and reinsert sim card.

The factory data reset pretty much brings the device back to "out of the box" condition, with the exception of what's missing that you may have removed, and also with the exception of what's on the sd card, which could be corrupted.

Here's how to get to the Bionic's recovery menu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVfeXppqH6Y

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones