General Corporate Email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daviddivad, Apr 18, 2010.

1. daviddivad

daviddivad Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Hello, I will be preordering the incredible tomorrow, but I am coming over from a blackberry. When I upgrade, do I have to choose the data plan and pay the extra money to get my corporate email hooked up?

Advertisement
  2. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If you order on the corporate employee discount site you can either order personal or business data. The business data plan is 44.99 w/o discount and includes push email and some other stuff.

Unlimited Corporate Email & Web for Smartphones (business & personal email)

Get unlimited access to the Internet and your corporate and personal email accounts.

• Get access to corporate email using Wireless Sync, Exchange Active Sync, IBM Lotus Notes Traveler or Good Mobile Messaging.
    • Check and send personal emails when you’re out and about.
    • Enjoy unlimited Internet access.
    Compare your Smartphone data options:
    Personal
    Email Corporate
    Email Unlimited
    Internet Access Monthly
    Charge Unlimited Data
    Usage for
    Smartphone Included

Included

Included

$44.99

Email & Web for
    Smartphone Included

---

Included

$29.99

3. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Retired
    I had an Eris and the Verizon store tried hooking me up with the corporate data plan for $44.99. After they did some research, they came back and told me that the personal plan was fine for my Exchange server to push email to my phone. Sure enough, I signed up on the personal data plan for $29.99 and my push email did work from my Exchange server. I happened to use a program called Touchdown which was pretty good. I am actually hoping that the 2.1 has some improvements that will make Touchdown unnecessary.

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    I use a "consumer" data plan and have full access to my Exchange mail, contacts and calendar.

5. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!
    VIP Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Product Engineer
    NW Indiana
    Check out my website....It may help you..

Blackberry to Android

GO WINGS!!!

6. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Musician
    Philadelphia
    Don't tell the sales rep at vzw or else you'll get hit with another $15/mo "exchange support" fee. You don't need it because the consumer $30/mo does the same thing.

7. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer
    USA

True story. When I bought my BlackBerry, the Verizon guy got me to get the $45/month data plan since I said I'd be getting my college e-mail from an exchange server, but now I find out that the $30/month plan would do what I need as well. . . :mad: