Corporate Store Price vs, VZW Online Price?

Last Updated:

1. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been researching phones for my first smart phone for about 6 months. I've almost decided on the Droid X. I think I will buy it at the one year price.

On line, the one year contract price is $269.99. I stopped in at my local corp. store just a few minutes ago and their price for a one year contract on a Droid X was $319.99, $50.00 more:eek:. This was just the phone, no accessories added. They told me that the $269.99 was a special on line price and I told them it was a system-wide price.

Who's right and is this normal and I just didn't know it or are they trying to rip off an old man?

Advertisement
  2. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Online price and store price are the same, $199.99. The difference is instant rebate online versus mail in in store (which only takes 2 weeks from my experience). You may have a NE2 credit of $50 if you are upgrading as an existing customer.

3. ReJe75

ReJe75 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that you can get a better deal from VZW online. I bought my Droid X for $140 ($199 price, -$50 online discount, then I used a promo code I found online for an extra 10% off.) Plus the rebate was instant no mail in. To me it was worth it to wait overnight and get the phone. I did pay $8 for expedited shipping, but I ordered at 3pm local time and had it waiting at work for me when I got in the next morning.

4. gvillager

gvillager Well-Known Member

Online prices are almost always cheaper.

5. cornflwr33

cornflwr33 Well-Known Member

online prices are cheaper.. .like the others said becuase you don't have to worry about the MIR. the rebate is included in the price :)

6. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

Check also to see if you happen to have an employer discount plan with VZW. I got my X for $229 on a 1-year plan. Savings of $40 versus regular online price.