Correct me if im wrong but....

Last Updated:

1. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Evo is great but the camcorder kinda sucks....
    The iPhone 4 doesn't have the 8mp camera but it can record Highdef 720p??

I was trying the QIK app and its coool and all but the quality sucks a$$...streaming video is only good if you are streaming good video footage.
    The 1.3mp camera to do video chatting also sucks, the quality is not comparable to the iphone video chat. Why does it look so awlful?

I love the EVO but I am very disappointed with this... I mean the new market of video chatting has just arrived and the iPhone is going to put the EVO to shame because the quality of the EVO is as good as buying a $15 dollar webcam...

Its annoying becuase all I'm hearing everywhere is "iPhone 4 is going to change how we communicate through video calls..." also "how its going to take sexting to another level."

I found that last part funny when I heard it on the radio this morning.

Advertisement
  2. Zardos

Zardos Well-Known Member

iPhone's only works with other iPhones and thats only on WiFi.

3. swazedahustla

swazedahustla Well-Known Member

The EVO records in 720p HD also. Did you not know that?

4. Palomino

Hmm didnt know that... makes me feel much better.

5. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Just not 30fps.

6. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

how do we know the iphone4 does it better? you have one (2, i mean, as you can only do it iphone to iphone)?!

7. swazedahustla

Thats correct, not 30fps on 2.1, but as has been mentioned it gets better on 2.2, so we'll see.

8. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

A lot of things work and look good at presentations. Wait for it to come out and then do a comparison. Even if it is a "$15" webcam. You can stream from anywhere. You're not stuck in front of your computer monitor. BTW, try Fring.

marctronixx likes this.
  9. mobilebd

mobilebd New Member

I've seen very little on this, but does anyone else think the audio quality from video recordings sucks? I don't own the phone but on every single sample video I've seen on YouTube (even in HD), the video quality is great but the audio quality is crappy to the point of sounding like a cell phone conversation. And, no, they are not all because they were outside and "wind caused it". I know what that sounds like, and this is not that. What's worse is that because the video quality is so good, it makes the poor audio quality stand out even more.

I wonder if this is just an HTC thing, and not an Evo specific thing, because I also looked at videos shot from an Incredible, and the sound was terrible as well. But if I watch a Motorola Droid video, the audio is much better (closer to iPhone quality).

Anybody else noticing this?

10. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

Really? Really!

There's no such thing as the perfect phone. No matter what you choose, there are trade-offs. (I do wonder how one can say video chatting on the iPhone is such high quality, when it doesn't even exist yet, and won't for a couple more weeks.)

Instead of bitching and moaning about what each phone does or doesn't do, and getting into pages long arguments about this phone vs. that phone, just sit down and figure out what your needs are, identify the phone that best meets your needs, and buy it. You'll never find a perfect phone. If you look at it analytically, however, you'll find the phone that best meets your needs.

Once you make that decision, hang out on a forum for that device. Don't hang out on other forums and troll about how wonderful your choice is compared to others.

To take the first post in this thread as an example: If high quality iPhone to iPhone video chat is a high priority for you, then I guess you shouldn't waste your time here. If the ability to do video chat with other kinds of devices is important, then the iPhone isn't for you, regardless of how good the quality might be.

In either case, though, it's just a matter of matching the device to your needs. It's not religion, the fate of the nation isn't at stake. Do your research, pick the device that best matches your priorities, and understand no matter what you pick it won't be perfect.

BTW, movies are only 24 fps, and no one complains about the quality of movies. 30 fps isn't some gold standard for quality. The European PAL TV standard is 25 frames per second.

Joppie, mapan83 and marctronixx like this.
  11. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

meyer i wish i could give you a million thanks....!

and to be totally honest NTSC is 29.97 DROP FRAME not pure 30. even if you shot something in 30FPS and wated to show it on Television, it would have to be rendered at 29.97D................ im in film and TV production (17 years).

get over this iphone is better/ the evo is better bandwagon, both phones are dynamic devices.....

12. LiquidLife

LiquidLife Well-Known Member

Why don't you people actually learn about your phone rather than post up about what you don't like about it. It's like listening to a bunch of r3tards yelling and screaming for no reason other then they are r3tarded.

You know that's not far off from what you all are doing 24/7 on phandroid, right?

It's more of a small computer then previous phones, so it will take more time to fully exploit it's potential.

Get a grip on it.

13. swazedahustla

Just found this bit of info?

Seems like the EVO is capped at 30fps, but can actually go alot higher than that. Now what the reason for this is, I don't know but the good thing is someone will find a workaround to remove this cap and we will be alot better for it.

EDIT: Forgot the link
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=699290

LiquidLife likes this.
  14. LiquidLife

There you go, see this guy went to the xda forums, he's not r3tarded.

15. mercdizzle

mercdizzle Well-Known Member

only at 20fps rofl

16. LiquidLife

it's you again... Troll

17. Palomino

The tests they have done on the iPhone video chat seem much clearer than our 1.3mp camera are. Thats why I am making that assumption.

18. mercdizzle

mercdizzle Well-Known Member

19. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

key word being "Test".

if you put any phone in its perfect operating conditions, it will preform to its best. the iphone was in a "lab" environment, with top signal strength and all other parameters in place.. of course its going to look its best!

lets get it out in the wild THEN compare.. :D

20. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

This thread is full of trolls, including OP.

Please, just go get the iPhone. For something that hasn't been tested, is only iphone to iphone and only on wifi... it sure is getting a lot of press for it.

marctronixx likes this.
  21. swazedahustla

Scroll up and read.......just might learn something. Its capped at 30 fps, but can do way more.

22. swazedahustla

Man I have seen those guys to some amazing things, If anything is possbile to be done on a HTC phone, they know and more than likely have it running. I keep my ears and eyes on there 24/7.

LiquidLife likes this.
  23. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Hey the loser is back everyone. This idiot lied about having an EVo so he could bash it and say the iphone is better. Your life makes me sad.

You feeling me dog? Come on dog, you can give more than this dog. Keep pimpin and trolling dog. keepin it real dog. whatsupp now dog?

To original poster. The iphone can only video chat over wifi and only has a front vga camera so the quality isnt going to be very good. If you believe the stage demo from Jobs then you also have to point out that the iphone 4 cant get a wifi signal. Since he couldnt keep a signal in his own presentation.

LiquidLife likes this.
  24. Palomino

Damn, all you people getting mad are sensitve as shit. No one is saying that I am praising the iPone or that I even want it. I'm just trying to get some answers, so all just need to calm the F**k down. To the poeple that helped and pointed things out that I did not know. Thank you.

I love my Evo!

25. LiquidLife

mercdizzle is just his stage name, like snoop dogg.

ME-DoubleZ dog.