• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Correct Triumph drivers for USB Phone F

richfei

Aug 9, 2011
Whenever I connect my Triumph via USB to my Windows XP laptop, I get a 'Welcome to the Phone F USB driver setup wizard' with options to Repair or Remove the Phone F USB driver.

Regardless of which option I choose, this wizard continues to appear after I disconnect and reconnect my phone. It's pretty annoying

Can someone point me to the right set of drivers to fix this problem

I went to Motorola's website for the Triumph and downloaded something called motohelp and just installed that, but I don't think this is the right application/set of drivers

I do see Drive E installed File manager and an autorun file alongside Phone_F_USB_Driver_v1.1.7.msi and Setup.exe
I tried to delete these files but couldn't. Not even sure if thiis Phone F driver is really even needed since Windows can see my phone and I've been able to download from my laptop to my phone to install applications

Whenever I connect my Triumph via USB to my Windows XP laptop, I get a 'Welcome to the Phone F USB driver setup wizard' with options to Repair or Remove the Phone F USB driver.

Regardless of which option I choose, this wizard continues to appear after I disconnect and reconnect my phone. It's pretty annoying

I went to Motorola's website for the Triumph and downloaded something called motohelp and just installed that, but I don't think this is the right application/set of drivers

I do see Drive E installed File manager and an autorun file alongside Phone_F_USB_Driver_v1.1.7.msi and Setup.exe
I tried to delete these files but couldn't. Not even sure if thiis Phone F driver is really even needed since Windows can see my phone and I've been able to download from my laptop to my phone to install applications

I had some drivers issues with this phone and I think I messed it up even more trying the motorola drivers and some other ones.

I ended up using usbdeview and searching "android" and "motorola" and uninstalled all the selected devices that came up under those search terms.

Here is a link to usbdeview for 32 and 64bit.

usbdeview downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET

I also manually uninstalled all the motorola drivers and whatever I installed and then ran ccleaner to clean the registry and rebooted. Afterward I plugged the phone in and used the drivers it prompted me with and installed those and all was fine.

Upvote 0
I just plugged my Motorola Triumph into my Windows XP workstation (Dell 2400).

I installed the F USB driver, restarted and got the same repair/uninstall message.

I uninstalled it, restarted the machine, checked the phone settings to make sure USB mass-storage setting was turned on and the screen-lock was off.

Then I re-installed it.

Same issue persists. I really only wanted to charge the phone while at work w/o having to unplug my charger at home. So, that is working just fine. All this other nonsense is superfluous, but my curiosity is peaked as to what this driver actually does to benefit me. Motorola may have to release a patch since the Triumph is brand-new on the market.

BTW, I love the phone; especially the WI-FI at home. Also, it has a good GPS app (has a blue arrow icon) that allows me to leave my Garmin in my wife's car.

Please let me know if anyone finds the fix (for the phone). Any sense-of -direction tips for my wife will also be welcome!

-Chris

Upvote 0
While the phone is connected, opening My Computer (Win XP) will show you a new CD-ROM drive icon. If we try to open this we get the F-USB nonsense.

However, I just noticed that there is a new removable disk drive. (mine is G, but it depends on how many drives you have as to what letter is assigned; of course).

So, I am able to open that and move files around as I please.

For beginners: Just open the DCIM folder to load, hear, or watch new music/photos/movies.

Have a good week gents.

-Chris

Upvote 0
1. Download anycut from the market (free)

2.select "new shortcut"

3.Select Activity

4.Choose "Select COM Port Mode" (should be in the "s" section)

5.Then Hit "ok" dont rename

6.Go to homescreen and click on your shortcut "select com port mode"

7.Next make sure that "diag" is checked and not "Mass Storage

This also fixed pdanet for me :)

Reactions: cerem and djboi2011
Upvote 0

I use a xp laptop at work and it does the same thing. dont have the problem with my computers at home running Vista and 7 so I think its an XP thing.

Upvote 0
THANK YOU poler166. This worked perfectly. Nothing else I searched for did. Excellent explanation. Thanks man. :)

1. Download anycut from the market (free)

2.select "new shortcut"

3.Select Activity

4.Choose "Select COM Port Mode" (should be in the "s" section)

5.Then Hit "ok" dont rename

6.Go to homescreen and click on your shortcut "select com port mode"

7.Next make sure that "diag" is checked and not "Mass Storage

This also fixed pdanet for me :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones