• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Correct way to RESET/REFRESH the EVO?

trader914

Nov 28, 2010
What is the proper way to reboot my EVO without deleting any of my data/info? I just want to reboot my phone once a week or so (like I would restart my desktop PC once in awhile to get rid of any garbage cache/cookies/etc that has built up) so that I can get a fresh start. I would probably want to do this once a week. I do not want to lose ANYTHING in my phone - data, contacts, photos, vids, apps, settings.

There are root-only apps out there than can clean all your different caches at once, but there isn't *that* much of a good reason to do that all that often, unless you're doing it for a specific reason. As far as rebooting goes, just press and hold the power button to get the prompt to turn your phone off, then turn it back on. Personally, I don't bother rebooting the phone unless it's giving me problems.

Upvote 0
I could certainly power off/power on as suggested. But is that good enough to clean out any junk that accumulates in the phone? When I had the iPhone, I used to do a reset/reboot as I described once a week because it definitely speeded things up (like internet connection) after it was re-booted - Not just power on/power off. This was suggested by Apple tech support.

This is what Im looking for my EVO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones