Corrupt Email AppSupport

Last Updated:

1. Veritas327

Veritas327 Member This Topic's Starter

I believe the stock email app (not the gmail app) that comes with the Vibrant has somehow been corrupted on my phone.

I noticed that the email app was acting strange, then a few days later, I would find my phone very hot and nearly drained of all battery (this happened about 3 times). I turned off push for my three accounts (set them to "Never"), and I haven't had the overheating problem since. That being said, nearly every time I use the email app, I have to force quit it.

Is there any other explanation for this, and if it is corrupt, how can I fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Veritas327

Anyone?

3. stanmancan

stanmancan Member

If you applied the JI6 OTA or Kies mini update recently this is your problem. I too have had force close errors constantly on built in email app as well as AM player. Sometimes the android launcher itself has to force close. AM player is pretty much useless due to file play back stopping after a little while and am player shutting down to main screen randomly. You would think that Samsung and Tmobile would have tried a little harder to make a GOOD FIX, but yet again they let us all down. Hopefully the next fix will actually work. GPS and lag fix my ass.

4. Veritas327

This actually started before I got my JI6 update over the air sadly.