Corrupt photo preview thumbnailsSupport

Last Updated:

1. itbedave

itbedave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've recently had a problem where ONE of my photo albums (not all) has corrupt square preview thumbnails. They look like static images off a TV with no antenna signal, and they ONLY look this way in grid mode. If I switch to filmstrip mode, they are fine. And all of the photos themselves are all fine. It's just the previews for this one album in grid mode. I tried just clearing the photo apps' cache - but no better.

Anyone got any other ideas how to rebuild them?

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Did you go into the phone's memory (either through a file manager or from the PC) and delete the thumbnails folder? This will force it to rebuild them all.

itbedave likes this.
  3. itbedave

Thank you! Just used Astro and deleted the thumbnails file and it rebuilt them. I knew it had to be something simple. Just wasn't thinking. Thanks a lot!

4. itbedave

FWIW - I've since discovered that it appears to be the app, Flickie Wallpapers, that is corrupting my thumbnails.

After rebuilding my thumbnails, I was using Flickie to set a wallpaper, and it crashed. Tried again and it crashed again. Went back to look at the Flickie folder that is in my photos folder through the photo app, and the thumbs were corrupted again. Repeated deleting the thumbnail folder and confirmed they were working again. Went back and tried Flickie again - crashed. Immediately checked thumbs in photo app - corrupt.