corrupt sd card had to format

Last Updated:

1. jay_snizzel

jay_snizzel Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well,
    I'm rocking a 8gb sd card in my phone, its one that i transfered across from my old phone which I never had any problems with.
    Anyway, I got a message today on the phone saying that it's corrupt and needs formatting.
    When i got home from work i took out the memory card and plugged it into the laptop.
    Pictures were on there, but no pictures that I had taken since I've had the desire.

Anyway long story short, i replaced the mem card back in the phone, formatted and i'm starting from scratch.

I'm just worried that this is going to happen again in the future.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

its technology, so you never know. I've never had it happen (i think because i have a top quality sdcard), but still, i make backups of my whole sd card on my pc to be on the safe side

3. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I had this on my Hero once, but it was a cheap memory card. Since upgrading to a branded, class 4 card, I've had no problems. As lekky said, I also backup my card to the PC every week or so. It takes a few minutes, but is worth the effort.

4. jay_snizzel

jay_snizzel Active Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers guys, think i'll probably start making a back up

5. Tallpaulos

Tallpaulos New Member

I just started a thread on this sort of thing - i had to send my phone back to HTC for repair. My SD card was corrupted by the phone & irrepairable. They changed the SD card reader in the phone & gave me a new SD card. Turnaround was 1.5 to 2 weeks.