Corrupt SD Card

Last Updated:

1. spooky_b329

spooky_b329 Member This Topic's Starter

Aplogies if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and didn't find anything obvious...

A few days ago my Desire flashed up a warning that in future I should unmount my SD card correctly to avoid losing date. I hadn't touched it or even connected the phone to the PC.

Two days later and I wake up to find my phone has gone flat overnight and turned off, when I turned it back on it warned me that my SD card is blank and displays a permanent SD card symbol with question mark at the top of the screen.

Apart from my photos/music/video clips etc, what else should be on the card? I've noticed voice navigation doesn't work any more, the turn-by-turn just chimes at me to tell me a junction is coming up, also I've lost all my bookmark screenshots. I'm guessing there is a load of software on there such as HTC Sync?

I was hoping to use one of the free data recovery programs to see if I can recover my stuff...but tried a Sandisk demo one and it said it couldn't find any files to recover.

Only other possibility is I have 'wavesecure' installed, but once I realised you had to pay for it I left it alone. Only the backup facility is available on the demo mode, will it have done this automatically meaning I could pay for the app and be able to restore the data, or do you have to instigate the backup manually?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. spooky_b329

spooky_b329 Member This Topic's Starter

anyone? :(

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Try connecting your phone to a pc & use a file recovery app on there to try & recover your data.
    It looks like you are going to have to format your card to get it working in the phone though

4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

If you don't manage to recover your data you could use an app called aSpotCat to check which of your apps have sd card permissions.

Then uninstalling and reinstalling those ones again (once you have a working sd card) should reinstate the necessary files and folders for those apps. However when I look through my sd card (using Astro) I see that many apps have set up a folder but there is nothing in it.

5. exkaraokeman

exkaraokeman Active Member

my phone is getting me down, threw a wobber yesterday, i never had this prob with my iphone