Cost of a text message?

Last Updated:

1. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just like to ask if you have an unlimited messaging, do you get charged for the ff services:

• Texting (SMS/MMS etc) with someone on another network in another state.
    • Receiving alerts from Bank of America or other financial institutions
    • Voting for your favorite dancing pair or idol (Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, etc.)
    • Facebook updates.
    I'm sure there are other messaging services, and please feel free to add to this list.

Advertisement
  2. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

ive never voted on american idol or any of those but to the other ones, no i dont get charged

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

No you won't get a charged. A text is a text. If it says specifically that they charge you is the only way. I tried KGB, the guys that supposedly answer any question for $.99, and I did get that extra charge on my bill. But I get text alerts from my local news about weather and other news events, texts from twitter on a few people that I follow and never get additional charges for them. As long as it doesn't say anything about special charges you'll be fine.

Caloy likes this.
  4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

+1 for you mate, thanks for the reply. :)

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

You can also do what I did, I turned off "premium text messaging" on my line. Facebook, and everything else still works just fine.

6. jmxp69

jmxp69 Well-Known Member

Not true. Txts originating from overseas to U.S. incur $0.20 per txt. It's in the fine print somewhere. I can confirm this to be true because Wavesecure uses an SMS gateway in Singapore and they use txt to control the phone on the app. My last bill showed 5 messags @ $0.20 each.

Shortcode domestic txts do not incur cost though unless otherwise stated on the T's & C's of the receiver.