Costco and the IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. joehero

joehero Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have an update on if Costco will get the Incredible on April 29th?

I leave for Europe on the 30th, so if they don't have it then its not a huge loss, but I hope they do!

Advertisement
  2. lump

lump Active Member

I would like to get it at Costco as well, they usually give you a few extra goodies.

3. flatstick96

flatstick96 Active Member

When I inquired at my local Costco about pre-ordering the Incredible, they told me I could not pre-order there. The store near me said they do not have any in inventory, and they don't know when (or even if) they'll be getting them (basically the guy said "Until they physically show up here, we don't know if we'll have any").

4. Kyreba

Kyreba Active Member

I spoke to my local costco (socal) last week before the pre-order was annouced. He called the Wireless Advocates corp offices & confirmed they are getting it. They did not know if it would be on the 25th or the 29th. I was to call him back this Friday the 23rd to confirm.

But since the pre-sale was announced I called him today. They are NOT pre-selling (their system isn't set up to do that). He is going to talk to the rep today (I'm guessing HTC but don't know for sure) & I'm to call him back at 4pm.

I'm still on the fence about whether I go to the VZW pre-order & use my NE2 or get it from Costco on the 29th & get the cheaper tax & free accessories. Decisions, Decisions.

5. RockoDog

RockoDog Well-Known Member

I spoke with a Costco rep this last Saturday. He confirmed that they were getting it, but didn't know when it would be available to purchase.

I didn't get a chance to ask him more questions because he was the only one there and had another customer waiting

6. Panman82

Panman82 Active Member

I will also be getting it at CostCo if its available on the 29th. Else over to the Verizon corporate store I go... I'll also try to do some digging and report back.

7. OldSmoky

OldSmoky Well-Known Member

I'll be buying at full retail. Does Costco sell at full retail? Does anyone know if there are any other retailers that might be selling it for less than $529?

8. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it, you get to go to Europe! But I would be the same way. Why not pre-order through Verizon or try and pick it up in store on the 29th?

9. Panman82

Panman82 Active Member

10. g1701gst

g1701gst Well-Known Member

I spoke to the reps at Costco today and they told me that they would have the Incredible on the 29th. It comes with a few extras like a holster case, car charger and a wired headset. They also said their price would be cheaper than Verizons, guessing $150 and I could use my NE2 $100 discount as well. I canceled my pre-order and will be Getting my Incredible from Costco. So for less that $100 i will get getting my incredible and the extra accessories. They also have a 90 day return policy on phones should I not like it for any crazy reason. note: This 90 day return policy is separate from Verizons 30 day policy and I would still be locked into any contract I sign after 30 days.

11. crspyjohn

crspyjohn Well-Known Member

anyone confirm this? i will be getting it too if this is the case

12. tiffw

tiffw New Member

I was in my local Costco today and asked the guys at the Verizon kiosk. They said that they actually just received the word today that the definitely WILL be getting it, but they did not know for sure WHEN. They said they actually didn't think they would have it on the 29th; they mentioned something about Verizon corporate stores wanting to have a little bit of time to sell it all on their own at first, but that Costco would have it "soon" after. The guys there couldn't tell me what "soon" would be, but they said they were confident it wouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks after the release date at the latest.

So, now I'm trying to decide if I can curb my enthusiasm for a week or two in order to take advantage of Costco's extras.... we'll see.

13. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Would Verizon stores in Costco offer 1 year contract renewal? I know Best buy is not able to do 1 year contract renewals.

14. weaksauce

weaksauce Active Member

i work at costco.. i entered the item number I think it was 520488.. and the screen was a dummy screen.. I mean .. before it had the info.. i even posted it on another thread showing the item number and vzn wording on there. I had an actual pic.. I look now and it says HTC demo phone. So as far as teh costco computer system inventory i can say its not in there or on order.

Dont believe me. Call them. ASk who ever picks up.. "can i get an IOH(item on hand)." give them the item number 520488. Ask them to read the description. It can change. BUt call today.

15. OldSmoky

OldSmoky Well-Known Member

Will Costco sell it full retail and if so what will the price be?

16. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member

I would like an answer to this as well. The 90 day return policy is very attractive.

17. weaksauce

weaksauce Active Member

I don't have an answer to that cause the wireless kiosk is a 3rd party vendor at costco. Call your local costco and ask them to tranfer you to the wireless kiosk. If they say they are getting teh HTC INC in then i'd still have a costco worker do an inventory check seeing as the WIREless kiosk employees work on commission then of course they will tell you what you want to hear.

Anyone do that IOH check in my post before this one?

18. captenaj

captenaj Member

Do you have to be a member of Costco to take advantage of this?
    g1701gst, How do you get $100 off with NE2? I thought it was $50 off?
    Thanks.

19. weaksauce

weaksauce Active Member

Yeah you only can shop at Costco with a membership. Here in Cali you can shop for alcohol without a membership. ONLY alcohol. I'll check the inventory when i go back tomorrow. Im wondering why it doesn't even have items on order yet.

20. g1701gst

g1701gst Well-Known Member

My NE2 is $100 I think because I have a voice plan above a certain dollar amount (my plan is $110) and when I signed my contract 2 years ago that was what the policy was. I think some time late 2008 they changed it to only a $50 discount.

After doing a few Google search it looks like the old NE2 policy was for plans over 79.99 it was $100 discount and only $50 for plans that are under. Here is a link to the new poilcy strait from verizon. Calling Features: New Every Two

21. dgourd

dgourd Well-Known Member

I know bestbuy sells the motorola droid (retail price) for $60 less than verizon does, so bestbuy and costco might drop the full retail price too.

I just saw on Costco that the Motorola Droid retails for $250, while at verizon it is $560.

22. needtoride

needtoride Active Member

Talk to the kiosk guy at my local Costco today. He said they're getting the phone, but didn't know when. He mentioned the accessories included with the phone if purchased through Costco: wired headset, car charger and Costco's 90 day return policy versus VZW's 30 day policy. He said a lot of people have been asking about it.

Not sure if I'm ready to cancel my pre-order...although they haven't even processed it yet. :confused:

23. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member

I live in NJ and just returned from BJs wholesale. They had the Incredible at t heir Verizon Kiosk, in case anyone lives in Dirty Jerz! I was with my three kids, so couldn't wait in line to get the info onprice, etc . . .

ximfinity likes this.
  24. ximfinity

ximfinity Well-Known Member

Were they selling it or was it just on display?

25. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member

They had two out on the table and brochures and everything. I waited for a few minutes but the line was long and the rep didn't even acknowledge my presence... not sure, but you could certainly call. Let me know if you do!