• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Costco if you please...

twistedlim

Android Expert
Jun 9, 2010
So I go into Costco to pick up a cooked chicken for dinner and wonder by the wireless phone booth. I ask if they have any X's or Dincs and of course they don't. The guy tells me they have an X there to play around with if I want. So I play around a little with it (still seems huge to me) and we get to talking. Turns out the phone is the Costco/Verizon rep who is visiting the store. We get to talking. I thought that the X came with Adobe flash for some reason and he pointed out he was using skyfire to watch vids. We discuss the phone a bit comparing it to the droid etc. He points out that flash is coming next month, for the X anyway. I ask him about 2.2. He said sometime soon, within the next month (yea sure). We discuss the rumors etc. He then informs me that Costco has a 90 day return plan with no restocking fee. I picked up my droid there 3 weeks ago and have finally decided that there is nothing that I really want in the dinc or X to make me pay the extra bucks but now I find out I have another 50 days or so to wait to see which phone if any gets 2.2 first. Cool stuff...and no restocking fee.
They seemed pretty knowlegable. We talked rooting and they told me of so and so at the other store who just rooted his droid and loves it. Frankly I was suprised after getting so little info from the Verizon store. Anyway, not a bad place to purchase, especially if you are on the fence.

I am not sure how their policy affects the 2 year verizon replacement program but it is not a bad way to try out the latest technology.

Almost forgot to mention he indicated that he expects the droid 2 in a month or 2 for what it is worth.

Costco blah.. I drive a truck and delivered at a Costco once,I ran out of smokes in their parking lot and figured I'd go in get some more, thinking they would sell me some since I delivered there.. They not only wouldn't sell me some, but I was also asked to leave because I didn't have a Costco membership. The thing is, I was actually thinking about getting one, but after that, there ain't no way in hell! Maybe their mobile department is better but you want catch me in one to find out..

Upvote 0
Costco blah.. I drive a truck and delivered at a Costco once,I ran out of smokes in their parking lot and figured I'd go in get some more, thinking they would sell me some since I delivered there.. They not only wouldn't sell me some, but I was also asked to leave because I didn't have a Costco membership. The thing is, I was actually thinking about getting one, but after that, there ain't no way in hell! Maybe their mobile department is better but you want catch me in one to find out..

Odd, I don't have a membership either but I go in there all the time to look around. I just say I want to check the place out to see if I would benefit from joining and they are more than happy to let me wander around..

Upvote 0

It is a membership club. With that said, they do offer 1 day passes and you can always walk around for free to see if you want to join. Their return policies can't be beat.

Upvote 0
When I went in to try and buy a Droid back in January from Costco they told me it would cost a heck of alot more than their advertised price since I was already a Verizon customer. Doing the math even with the fact that Costco eats some of the tax costs when you buy from them - I ended up going to my local Verizon store.

The other funny thing was that last week I was at my local mall and passed a Verizon kiosk. I was actually talking on the phone to my military daughter ....but I couldn't help myself, I shout to the bored guys behind the kiosk counter: "This phone is rooted, running Froyo AND has Flash!" You should have seen them jump! "Please Please let me see it!" one guy replies: "I have never seen a rooted Droid". But unfortunately time is precious with our Marine, so I did not hand over the phone then. But a Verizon guy with no knowledge of rooted Droids??I guess I am more of a geek ( even if I am a grandmom of 3) than I thought

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones