• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cougars and Cubs

When we were married, my wife was 28 and I was 20. When we met, I was 18 and she was going on 27. Cougar Smoogar. The bottom line is that we're a family. When the children come onto the scene and responsibilities kick in, we're the same as any other married couple. :D

Hmm...that came off with a harsher tone than I intended. No harshness intended.
No problem Steven, when you said that though I imagined you talking in Grandpa Simpsons voice, lol

Upvote 0
Your mom not very understanding? Well I always say.... you can be who you want, love who you want, do what you want career wise, but dont you get knocked up or get someone knocked up, you should join the military or go to college, be respectful, donate to those less fortunate, and always, always try to do the right thing, if you make a mistake, learn from it! :)

See its not that my moms not "understanding" shes just lived a very sheltered life. and is ingnorant/apathetic to almost everything. Im 21 now, but growing up I never got in trouble, never got congratulated nothing, Sorry mom I burnt down half the lawn and trees, her reply thats ok. or hey mom I just qualified for nationals in track. her reply good for you. When her boyfriend proposed to her at dinner ( i was with them) he gets down on one knee goes through the hole speal she goes. "sure"
the worst part is is shes only 39shes young she should still be out having fun. oddly enough my grandparents are the complete opposite they're lates 50's and are out partying probably 4/7 days a week.

anywho back on topic.

who cares about age, if your attracted to each other and like each other go for it! you live life once make the best of it, dont want to look back on life going, damn I wish i did this. and always fun to have stories to tell down the line.

Upvote 0
When I was a freshman in college, I met a 42 year old at a bar near campus. We dated for quite awhile. I think we could have made it longer if she didn't have a son that was so close to my age. It got kind of weird when I met her oldest and he was only 3 years younger then me.

My wife is 4 years older then me. I just never had the desire to date people my own age, let alone someone younger.

Upvote 0
I do think it's a bit odd seeing a woman with a guy that is as old as her son or can pass as her son. I've seen a few and for some reason, the guy reminds me of a cute obedient puppy following his owner (no insult meant). I never see these kind of relationships last though. Though I must say, when the guy is HOT, I'm just incline to go up to the woman and say, 'teach me, sensei.' :D

Well, I know if I ever become a cougar, I won't look much older that my 'boy toy' *kekeke*

Upvote 0
Well Im thinking am 18+ year age difference would be too much... I mean the guy could be the same age as your kid then, lol

Personally I like younger men... not because of youth or whatever, they just freaking turn me on. mmmm yum yum.

I guess it is more acceptable for an older man/younger woman relationship because of your past when families would marry off young daughters to older men to help the families.

For me though... I am 36.... a guy younger than 25 is too young... I would feel like I am treading on an area I shouldnt then.... I still sing a song to creep out my high school sons though.. "High school boys, high school boys, 1, 2, 3, just for me, High school boys how delicious they can be... " lmao! I know its wrong on so many levels, but I only do it to freak the hell out of them, lol

I don't see a problem in that. 36-25 is much more acceptable than 25-17, even though it's more years in difference. 36-17 is out of the question, so keep that song only a song :) By 25, most guys should have most of their goals and aspirations figured out, so you can depend on them mentally, career-wise, as well as...well, that other stuff that makes you say yum yum. Heck, I'm almost 30 and I'm starting to feel like an old man...:D My wife of 27 says I'm getting too old for her. Lol.

Upvote 0
I do think it's a bit odd seeing a woman with a guy that is as old as her son or can pass as her son. I've seen a few and for some reason, the guy reminds me of a cute obedient puppy following his owner (no insult meant). I never see these kind of relationships last though. Though I must say, when the guy is HOT, I'm just incline to go up to the woman and say, 'teach me, sensei.' :D

Well, I know if I ever become a cougar, I won't look much older that my 'boy toy' *kekeke*

A lot of people will say that men end up marrying their mothers, as in, women that resemble the personality and nurturing (or lack there-of) that their mother had. I personally believe that younger men who go for older women do so because of that aspect...they're more mature, more set in life, less apt to cheat on them, and will generally be more devoted. Men always have a deep down fear of being left or not being loved, and having a woman who can mitigate those fears goes a long way.

Upvote 0
I think age doesn't really matter. I have been with women younger and older than me. When I was 25 I was with a woman that was 43, that was fun. Most of the women I have been with have been within 5 years of my age.

Personally I consider a woman a cougar at 40 if the there is at least a 10 yr age difference.

Hmm, my fiancee is 10 years and 1 month older than me, and she's in her 40's. There are times i wish we were closer in age but in a nutshell she's the person i ever met that could put up with my sh*t, and vice versa.
She does ask me ALL the time if i'm gonna trade her in for a younger model though, there are some insecurities on her part because of the age difference. I personally wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING

Upvote 0
She does ask me ALL the time if i'm gonna trade her in for a younger model though

I threaten my wife that I am going to trade her in for a younger model... (she's turning 30 this year... I'm turning 33 next weekend).

I personally wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING

The day we were introduced, me and my future wife went to lunch. By the end of that conversation, I knew I would marry her one day. We were married 5 months later.

We've been married 6 years as of last week. And we ate lunch at that Same restaurant, same seat, for our anniversary.

Upvote 0
I must say, I'm learning a lot about some of the members from this thread ^_^
Why what ever do you mean??? jw
I threaten my wife that I am going to trade her in for a younger model... (she's turning 30 this year... I'm turning 33 next weekend).
:D Yea, i wouldn't joke about it... she would believe me. She'll be 42 next month... i'm 31

The day we were introduced, me and my future wife went to lunch. By the end of that conversation, I knew I would marry her one day. We were married 5 months later.

We've been married 6 years as of last week. And we ate lunch at that Same restaurant, same seat, for our anniversary.

That sounds pretty romantic, unfortunately we were introduced by some random person. It was like, I had the car and wanted some crack, she had money and needed a ride for some coke. LOL And yes after all the CRAZY shit we went through i can laugh about it. She's 5 years clean and is a drug and alcohol counselor/case manager at a womens treatment center. And while my path was a different one we came through it together.
Our anniversary is a mystery... we actually tried to figure it out the other day. Of course trying to figure out the first time we... um... yea... anyway we have a rough estimate:D:D
Back on topic... she's definitely a cougar!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones