Could all those new EVO upgrades be putting a strain on the system?

Last Updated:

1. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know Sprint activated a shit-ton of EVOs. And, Ironically, In the last month I have been experiencing some slower data speeds not in just my home, but in multiple areas.

I noticed it because it seemed like in the past, my Hero loaded things like email, the market, and anything else that involved data, quite faster.

Its pure speculation, but could all these new EVOs slow down data speeds?

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Dunno...my data has been the same. Maybe it's affecting the area you live in.

3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

What's an EVO??? ;)

4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

It's a possibility, but really, if the Evo's are running the 4g/wi-max then the 3g network should speed up, not slow down. Problem is, most of the Evo owners are not on 4g regularly, or at all for the matter.

5. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Exactly; In my case, Michigan, and specifically the Detroit area, doesn't have 4G, so all the EVOs in Michigan are running off of the 3G network.

6. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

I have been thinking and expierencing the same thing lately. Network is slow. Its logical thinking as well because if there are more data sucking phones on the network then everyone is gonna suffer.
    Pure speculation but it makes sense. Hope Sprint has plans in place to deal with this issue. I use a Mifi for my home internet and if it slows down too much more I will have to cancel it and get DSL or something.