Could anyone suggest an awesome screen protector for the Hero?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The screen protector that came with the Otterbox case was (shockingly) horrible! It kept getting bubbles no matter what I did, and the protector itself was extremely tacky feeling. Can anyone suggest a good (preferable matte or fingerprint free) one?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Boxwave antiglare.

First one I got was defective but the relacement is fantastic!

3. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Thanks for this....I was looking for a nice one also! The one I have is thick and hard to slide your finger across :cool:

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

screen protector? My advice is just don't put it in a pocket with coins or keys. That's the only thing I've found to scratch my screen even slightly lol

5. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Accidents happen......MOSTLY to me, lol. I don't even want to think about a scratched screen on my Hero. That is why I have had a screen protector on my phone since day one.

The ultimate would be "no" screen protector in my eyes....but accident prone people need to take preventitive measures :D

6. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

7. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

anti-glare

8. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! Just ordered an Antiglare.

9. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

+1 this screen protector has been great

10. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Walmart has some screens you have to cut for round 6 bucks. Works good for best results cut it to size place it in place tape one end in place. This acts as a hinge hold phone with tape side down peel The back and work bubbles out uphill bottom to top.

11. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Phantom Skins are great....

12. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I have used PS and Zagg IS and both were/are great PS is much cheaper and came with 2 (unfortunately one was defective), but I had Best Buy put on a Zagg IS for $28. Atleast that way if I have any problems I just take it to them for warranty and don't have to deal with paying shipping for my replacement, waiting a week to get and installing it again.

13. Scorp63

Scorp63 Member

I am choosing to keep my screen unprotected. I intend to get a case for it in a couple days, but I have seen numerous tests where the screen remains perfectly fine even after a wild boxcutter visciously attacked it. I'm always usually rough on whatever electronic I get, and my Hero has still failed to get any damage to the screen.

I also really, really like the smoothness of the Hero's glass screen. Granted, it would probably feel similiar with a protector or at least similiar, but eh. And from what I've seen, screen damage to the Hero is not a problem for most people, and if it is, it's because the glass exploded from a drop from the heavens.

14. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

x2 on Boxwave, but I use the crystal version

15. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

YouTube - HTC Hero Scratch Test

Check that video out. Dude takes a utility knife, keys and coins to his screen with no protector and it doesn't scratch.

16. marshall518

marshall518 Well-Known Member

Sweeet Video! After seeing that I will be saving my money and not getting a screen saver!

17. matbob

matbob Active Member

Phantom Skinz for under 7 bucks (and you get two in the pack). I have not complaints about it. Only a very slight (and I mean very slight) orange peel texture to it. Not sticky on your fingers in use. It took about 3-4 days before it was perfectly clear (I used warm soapy water to apply, as directed). Based on what some have said about the anti-scratch properties of the naked Hero screen, I would probably be fine without it, but this is my first new phone in over 6 years so I'm being cautious.

18. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

If you wonder if your glass screen will scratch, check out the used glass screened Iphones on ebay. There are scratched screens listed. I would rely more on real life carrying situations than I would a video. I agree with the video that a thick screen protector is not the best way either. Thin is in!

19. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Is that a risk you are willing to take? There are people on THIS forum who have reported that they HAVE scratched their screen simply by putting it in the same pocket with keys.

20. ndroid

ndroid Member