1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Could I Ask You For Some Urgent Help?

Last Updated:

1. Carldvs

Carldvs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am in a bit of a situation. I would like to purchase the HTC Desire HD, but currently have iPhone 4.
    I have had iPhone for a long time and so have built up a lot of tunes in my iTunes. If I get the HD, can I keep my tunes? If the answer is yes, how do I go about it?
    I have entered all my details and just need to press the confirm button to order the HD, but this question is nagging me.
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

3. Carldvs

Carldvs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In a bit of a mess now. I'm sure Apple has brought out this micro sim crap to capture people, I have my contacts and all that.
    There must be a way of getting out of it.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If your music is DRM free and in mp3 format, yes it will work fine. If you have purchased music from the itunes store, it likely has DRM and is in m4a format, and will require conversion to work with Android.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

You're asking how to get your contacts off the SIM card now, right? That's fairly easy. I don't remember the exact steps, but if you google "transfer contacts from iPhone to gMail" you'll find it. Basically, you hook your iPhone up to iTunes, set a checkbox to download contacts, and it saves them on your computer in a file. Then you can export that file to gMail. Then when you set up your phone, it will automatically sync all your gMail contacts to your new phone. I did this when I switched from my iPhone 3Gs to my Droid X, and it was nice and easy.

6. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

HTCsense.com (HTC Sense on the HTC Desire HD) has an option right on the website to transfer contacts from your Iphone to an HTC Sense device... I don't know the steps... so I would check HTCsense.com, but that seems straightforward.

Unsure what you mean by keeping "tunes". If you have them saved as MP3 to a PC, well that's easy. As others mentioned if most downloaded through Itunes in that format it might take conversion.