• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could I/Should I Insure my phone?

I never understood why they only give you a month to insure a phone. Aren't they losing money by people wanting to insure a phone at a later time?

They want to make sure they collect their premiums. If they let you add it whenever, ppl would wait until their phone breaks, then add insurance to get it fixed.

I guess they could make it so that if you add insurance after the 30 period, you have to wait 30 days to get your phone looked at.

Upvote 0
They want to make sure they collect their premiums. If they let you add it whenever, ppl would wait until their phone breaks, then add insurance to get it fixed.

I guess they could make it so that if you add insurance after the 30 period, you have to wait 30 days to get your phone looked at.

Before, Sprint actually did allow for you to add insurance at anytime, but to prevent people from buying insurance (after their phone was already broken), they instituted a policy where the insurance could not be applied until after 30 days from when the customer originally signed up for the insurance. That's how I always thought it has been, until reading this thread today. I'm just glad that I've always had it on my plan for 2 of my 3 phones ever since they started offering it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones