Could I use a Vibrant screen protector on the Fascinate?

1. steelval3

steelval3 New Member

I'm looking to get a screen protector from SGP for the Fascinate. I had a screen protector from SGP for my DX and loved it. The only problem is, I want the screen protector asap.

From the looks of it, the Vibrant for Tmobile looks identical to the Fascinate other than possibly a larger plastic ring around the outside. Could I get a screen protector for the Vibrant (as shown SGP Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant [T-mobile]) and use it for the Fascinate without any problem?

any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. you should be able to because they both have the same 4inch super amoled screen
  3. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I don't think you can use a Galaxy S screen protector, because that phone has a weird optical-directional pad right below the screen, roughly where the inner two touch sensitive buttons are on the Vibrant, so the screen protector, unless it ONLY covers the 4" screen surface and not the entire front face, would be cut differently for the Galaxy S versus the Vibrant/Fascinate.
  4. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing + FULL BODY instead of just the screen.
    From a glance, two phones look completely identical except for the bezel around the perimeter of Fascinate.
    Any thoughts?
    *I am trying to buy it now so that when I get to phone it'll be ready to go.
  5. knivez

knivez Active Member

The fascinate is actually taller than the Vibrant. This is probably due to the fact that it has no bump at the lower back of the phone. Check out this vid for comparison, and skip to 2:24.

YouTube - Samsung Fascinate for Verizon review - part 1 of 2

Depends how picky you are with covering the device.
  6. steelval3

steelval3 New Member

Yeah I saw that video review and saw that the phones were not the exact same size...

Looks like I'll be waiting on a screen protector actually made for the Fascinate!

Thanks a lot for the post knivez
  7. Brijadyn

Brijadyn Member

I work at Best Buy Mobile and we will have the Invisible Shield for the Fascinate in this week.
  8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

With the Gorilla Glass Im not worried about the screen. The backside and scratches and improving grip-ability might move me to get a case but likely not. FWIW on launch day I did "key" the display model for 10-15 seconds. Not a scratch