Could it be a fake G1?General

Last Updated:

1. dm22

dm22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

i'm planning to buy my first android and I found (or I think I found) a good offer on ebay.

But i'm very concerned about the pictures of the box, the seller says in his auction that it comes within the box with all original acessories plus a car charger as a gift. But when I saw the picture of the box it came to my attention that the box is different from any other HTC box i've ever seen.

In the seller's words in the auction, it's a "Original OEM HTC box".

OK, the box is little bit strange. But then I realize that the keyboard has its keys in black color and this is a bronze T-Mobile G1! I've always seen the bronze shipped with a gray/silver keyboard and keys. In the same auction there is others photos with the proper color (including the main auction photo)... But, one more time, it's very awkward!

Picture from the box:
    [​IMG]

Picture of the keyboard:
    [​IMG]

I asked this questions (but in different words, of course) to the seller but I didn't receive any answer so far. In a previous question I sent to him, he confirmed to me that it comes with the t-mobile logo above the screen. At least!

Can you guys help me?

This is the link for the auction:
    [​IMG]NEW UNLOCKED TMOBILE HTC G1 ANDROID GOOGLE PHONE BRONZE - eBay (item 130345245725 end time Nov-26-09 16:33:52 PST)

Thanks in advance! I'm really looking foward to be part of this forum as a G1 owner as long it is a original one! ;)

D.

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Looks like the auction was removed already. Guess it was shady.

3. dm22

i think the forum corrupted the link or something else happened. I've just accessed my watching items on ebay, clicked the link and everything went just fine.

This is the link (I hope that works):
    Code (Text):
    1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130345245725

4. dm22

the seller just confirmed through email: the phone really has the keys in black!! And he says it`s no fake. He is based on chicago (according to his ebay profile). His feedback is good even from others buyers who bought a G1.

The question here is, is there any notice that HTC released a bronze G1 with black keyboard keys? Although the silver keys were a really pane in the ass for many people for readability in low lights reasons, I did not know HTC had changed the Bronze G1 to satisfy those peoples.

Did they?

5. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

I would ask if its a rebuild/refurbished phone.

It could have been factory rebuilt from HTC and they changed the key board.