• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could not download - WiFi conflict found

OlympusNYC

Apr 24, 2010
Sharing this in case someone else has the problem. Yesterday, after doing the OTA, I had trouble downloading apps from Market...I happened to be at work during this time. When I got home, my downloads began to download. What I figured out today is that when connected to my office WiFi, the download capability would break. If I disconnected from WiFi, the downloads would begin to work (I guess going over the mobile network). When I got home, I connected to my home WiFi, I was still successful with my downloads. Thus, my determination is that the problem had something do with with my office WiFi connection. Would have been nice though if the App/OS failed over to the mobile network...perhaps in a future release.

Having that information, I searched more and found this quote - "tcp port 5228 has to be opened in the router. otherwise, it won't work over wifi. " I suspect this (or similar) is what is going on. So, at least now I have a work around if I cannot get my office to open the necessary ports. Here is the post link - http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...oad-over-just-wifi-no-service.html#post600295

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones