1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

'Could not play local file' messageSupport

1. ASIFZED

ASIFZED New Member

Hi all.

Posted this in another forum, but desperate for help.

Galaxy Note owner, not rooted, did factory reset before upgrading to ICS. Great phone, except for this annoying problem.

I have the Amazon mp3 player and use this to download and play tunes. Annoyingly, and I am not sure what is causing this, but my albums suddenly have all the songs duplicate themselves. So I get double tracks and the first track when you go to play it, says 'could not play local file'..means that I cannot play the album as neither the Amazon nor default player will play / skip songs to the playable one.

I use a 64gb micro sdhc card. I thought the duplication occurs when i back my phone up - it doesn't. It happened just last night, when i switched phone off overnight to charge. Awoke this morning, and all albums had double songs.

Is it the phone? Or the card (but i have previously reformatted the card the last time this happened). When I removed the sd card and placed in PC > windows explorer, there were no 'double tracks'. But somehow, for some reason, the phone allows duplicates to be created.

Any ideas, or am i the first to experience this. Ever so grateful for support / advice received.

Advertisement
    :
  2. gorvy

gorvy New Member

Have had this issue twice now. Both times its been sorted by deleting all my music and then unmounting the sd card via SETTINGS, STORAGE.

Not sure but suspect you dont have to delete all the songs.

its worked for me! (twice)
  3. ajaynatu83

ajaynatu83 Well-Known Member

the player plays the song from the specific folder where they are stored.
    now,when ur files got doubled,u may have deleted songs frm that original folder,whereas the song may still appear when u search for it (this is the duplicate copy of it)
    its exactly what happens when u try to play songs from the computer through itunes. play the song,then change the folder where the song was,now itunes gives the same problem.
    what i did- located the folder fron where the songs were being played. somehow all the 270 songs were doubled up! i knew the original folder, searched the duplicate forder n deleted that. now the songs played as before.
    hope this helps...