• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could people list be causing problems?

eghill1125

Mar 2, 2010
I have the 2.1 on my Eris and I have also put it on my wifes Eris. Both phones came off the charger this morning at the same time, around 6:15. I have wifi at work and she does not. My battery right now is around 82% and hers is about 35%????? I have set her phone up exactly like mine in the settings. I had her install ATK just to see what she had running and did so myself. I have a lot running and she did not have nearly as much as me. The only differences were she had Audio Manager listed and I do not have that installed. I will have her take that off, but what I am really wondering is in the ATK, we both have people listed, but she has over 250 contacts and I have 16:eek:.

So what I am asking the experts on this forum is this:

With the people active on both ATK screens. Is this maybe why hers is dying so quickly? Is it trying to update her 250+ people contacts all day long?? And if so, is there a way to stop it from doing that?

Is the Audio Manager one of the programs that constantly drains battery?

Is the difference from Wi-Fi to Mobile web with only 1 bar that much? I would hope not, because she can not get Wi-Fi at work at all

Thanks for any thoughts....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones