• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could seller ROM flash have killed charging port?

galaxiator

Lurker
Aug 9, 2014
Hi,
I recently purchased a refurbished GS2 on Ali Express. I chose a seller with many 5 star feedbacks.

Everything seems ok with the phone except for it not charging the battery. At first I thought it may be a bad battery, but my old GS2 charges this battery just fine, and the new phone won't charge my old battery.

I agreed with the seller that he will send me a new charging port that I will install, and should that not work he will then take the phone back and give me a full refund.

Before sending me the phone the seller updated the phone to ICS (v 4.0.4). I noticed that Googling this version number brings up lots of battery draining issues... This is what brought me here to seek your advice. What would you do in this situation? Could flashing another ROM solve this problem? Please let me know what you think

TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones