Could someone clarify this for me?General

Last Updated:

1. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been waiting for the Incredible to drop for a while so I could buy it in store, but engadget announced that a few shipped out by mistake for those who ordered online.

Yet there have been a few threads here making it sound like its officially been released early, and you can actually just buy them now. Is this true, or am I misunderstanding how some of these threads are worded?

...because if I can get the thing now, I will head directly to Verizon xD

Advertisement
  2. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

No, it hasn't been released yet, some people got lucky and were shipped their units way early.

3. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

you are misunderstanding it, the early units shipped were due to a mistake on VZW's Telesales Department, where phone orders were mistakenly sent out early. No other orders will be sent out early, period.

4. jareth

jareth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see. Thank you for the clarification :)

5. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

No, the units sent out early were pre-ordered over the phone (which is not supposed to happen mind you). The online orders have an authorization intact which keeps all charges pending until the 28th. The phone orders by VZN reps bypass this authorization (which is why they're not supposed to do pre-orders) and the account is charged immediately. Basically if your account is charged, you're getting a phone.