Could someone help me flash Perception?

Last Updated:

1. HeXiiK

HeXiiK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If some one could, i would like if someone could give me a step by step direction on how to install this. I've tried countless times and it doesn't seem to work. Instead of figuring out what im doing wrong can someone just give me a step by step of what you did? Then we'll see if it goes wrong. If you answer this, give a link to the perception build you used so i can download it. Preferably the newest version! Thanks so much!!

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848115&highlight=voltage+control

since you said youve tried multiple time im assuming you have clockwork recovery and rom manager, with all your apps backed up with titanium backup. if not i will edit and put them in next

download the .zip either to your computer and transfer to your phone, or straight to your phone

open rom manager and select reboot into recovery

select apply .zip from sd card

find the cognition .zip file and select it

the rest does itself

HeXiiK likes this.
  3. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

Does rom manager method work if u have custom rom? like i have cog and i want perception..so can i use rom manager without flashing it back to stock rom?

4. CrimsonPride

it will theoretically work, but i flashed back to stock inbetween going from cognition and perception. i know the dev recommends going stock and but i know for sure you have to disable voodoo first. i think its probably faster to flash stock and then flash perception then disabling voodoo and then theres the chance of a soft brick

5. viny2cool

but u have to be on computer to use Odin...i was just wondering any way to flash back to stock without using computer,,,

6. CrimsonPride

not that i know of. i wouldnt try flashing without access to odin though because ive had problems going from stock to a new rom so i wouldnt take the chance of bricking without a computer especially going between 2 custom roms

7. viny2cool

I tried...and it was going on recovery whenever i stried to start it,.....had to reflash stock using odin...lesson learned it doesnt work..

but I have used rom manager to install zip files for themes and new updates to rom....works superb...