could someone root my phone for me? (Boston and Haverhill MA)

Last Updated:

1. shook187

shook187 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It doesnt look easy...Could someone local please root my phone for me [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. zetterwing

zetterwing Active Member

3. jamiec

jamiec Member

It's super easy man. Just do it and u won't regret it. I've had 3 android phones this year and rooted them all with 0 problems. Ive rooted the hero, evo and now my epic. Just do it and learn.

4. shook187

Looks like I may have to do it. I've gotten no offers :-(

5. vertcobra99

vertcobra99 Well-Known Member

I love how everyone says its easy... I read through that link you provided briefly. This is by no means easy. It provides no real insight to someone who has no experience with rooting. Any provides no advice on what to do if you mess up.

iwillfearnoevil likes this.
  6. Hypnotic2010

Hypnotic2010 Member

I live in Ct, but its so simple it would be a waste of a drive.
    Follow my thread here:Permanent root and one click root for the Samsung Epic 4g - PPCGeeks

Instructions for one click root:

Download: :http://firon.net/xda/one.click.root.exploitv2.3.0.zip

1. you need samsung galaxy s drivers
    64-bit OS http://firon.net/xda/usb_drivers_GalaxyS_x64.zip
    32-bit OS Samsung_Mobile_Driver_V1.3.800_For_SPH-d700_Epic_4G.zip

2. push MENU, select Applications > Development, then enable USB debugging.

3. extract and run run.bat
    *Linux users chmod +x run.sh and run it, mac users chmod +x run_mac.sh and run it.*

4. enjoy!

v2.2.4 added busybox and the remount script and fixes sprint animation not showing
    v2.2.5 superuser.apk & su added!\
    v2.2.6 installs busybox to xbin
    v2.2.7 uses simpler method for rooting
    v2.2.8 fix boot logo, add one-click root for mac and linux (including adb binaries)
    v2.2.9 working Linux and mac one click, unified into a single script (run.sh). Updated busybox to 1.17.3 (thanks skeeterslint).
    v2.3.0 proper sudo on Linux, as well as an improved batch script that will actually check if the phone came back after running the exploit, instead of just waiting a fixed 15 seconds.

Uninstaller: http://firon.net/xda/one.click.stock...aller-di18.zip
    Xda thread: One click root for the Epic 4G! v2.2.5 Now has superuser.apk!

hayzooos likes this.
  7. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

I've tried this method and found it to be filled with errors. Now, don't get me wrong... I don't think it's your fault... I think It's mine. But it underscores the point that it's NOT as simple as it appears to someone who FOUND the exploit and wrote up the instructions :)

Missing steps include... How do I connect phone to PC, exactly? Turn on USB debugging, sure, but what about mounting the SD? Yes? No? Also missing from the walkthroughs are instructions on where to extract the zip to... PC I assume, but that's not working... So I put it on the phone. That didn't work either.

Vertcobra is right... It's easy, but it's not simple.

8. Hypnotic2010

Hypnotic2010 Member

Ok,
    After you download the zip http://firon.net/xda/one.click.root.exploitv2.3.0.zip

Right click your desktop and create a new folder. Right click the downloaded zip and extract it to the empty folder on your desktop.

Before you plug in the cable to the phone,
    push MENU, select Applications > Development, then enable USB debugging.
    Phone should say usb debugging connected after connecting the cable. As long as the drivers are installed you should be good to go. Dont mount your sd card. Just usb debugging.

Now open the folder with the extracted files.
    Click the ADB app to make sure its running for good measure.
    Then click on the run file. (If using Windows 7 please right click the files and choose "run as administrator" to open them).
    It should bring up a command prompt, just watch what it says. It may say to press any button to continue.
    But thats it, thats all there is to it. Thats the only explanation that you really should need, pretty straight forward.
    If you have issues try an xp machine or you dont have the drivers installed correctly.
    Hope that helps.

9. shook187

I'm trying to root but at no point I see what to do with the Samsung drivers.

10. jamiec

jamiec Member

You just download the one you need and install it to your computer and that's it

11. redneckchick

redneckchick Member

How do you know which driver you need?

12. redneckchick

redneckchick Member

how do you know which driver you need?

13. jamiec

jamiec Member

Click Start> Right Click On Computer and Click Properties. It will be in the System section at the bottom of that column. Chances are that you are running 32.

14. swanysto

swanysto Well-Known Member

Quick question. If Sprint comes out with an update, firmware or froyo, when I go to update, do I lose root? Should I just unroot, update, then re-root?

15. jamiec

jamiec Member

I would just not do the sprint update cause you will lose root and wait for a rom to be released

16. hayzooos

hayzooos Well-Known Member

First, a big thanks to Hypnotic for the easy summary (for those with some PC knowledge). Way better than trying to sift through 60+ pages (on the XDA site) trying to find the most up to date one-click zip file.

Second, pretty sure it's been mentioned on this forum a few times, but here it is again anyway. When plugging your Epic into a USB port, it needs to be a USB port that's connected to the motherboard (meaning, one in the back of the computer) to be recognized. I believe it has something to do with the amount of power needed, or something like that.

So, if you've read Hypnotic's posts on this specific thread and are still having problems, unplug the USB cable from the front of your PC and plug it into one of the ones on the back.