Couldn't add widget.Support

Last Updated: 2013-08-04 17:22:30
  1. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Something that used to happen to me on a fairly regular basis with my S2 was that there would be a problem with the launcher and none of the widgets would load. In place of each widget would be a black box with the error message "Couldn't add widget.".

Until today this had not happened to me with my S4 but this problem has raised its ugly head again, this time in Lightning Launcher.

I used to use Launcher Pro but because exactly the same thing happened in both launchers, I suspect it's not a launcher issue.

I tried restoring the Lightning Launcher configuration from within LL and also restoring LL and its data from Titanium Backup Pro but neither achieved anything.

It's taken me a good hour to set everything up again just the way I like it and it is really annoying having to do this. Does anyone know what causes this and is there any way of backing up the configuration of all my widgets?

Advertisement
  2. WalkaboutDavid

WalkaboutDavid Well-Known Member

This may not help you at all, but I have NEVER had this with Nova, Go Launcher, or Apex.

You do have your widgets on the device (and not an SD card), right ?