• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card" issues with installing apps

Hey all,

So, I'm running Velocity 1.2 and it works great. However, There seems to be an issue with installing some apps. I have the default App install location set to auto, but there are some apps that won't install with an error of:

"Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card"

when it tries to install.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or is there a way to fix it?

It only started happening when I tried flashing a new theme (Thunderbolt) which screwed everything up, so I wiped everything, reflashed Velocity1.2 and it was working fine. Then I started getting these errors. Is it because it was still having issues with the .android_secure folder or something?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0
So I found a temporary fix for this... and it is pretty much contradictory to what we want...

It seems that the apps that are getting these errors are not meant to be put on an SD card. So... if you go and move them back to the phone's internal storage and then try to update them, it should work.

It's what worked for me, but there is a reason we have a2sd and we were able to move them to SD in the first place...

Oh well..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones