Couple of issues needing help with..

Last Updated:

1. allan.lapsley

allan.lapsley New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks just a couple of issues I need help with...

How do I change one of the 7 HERO widgets (ie if i want to remove the calender and replace with something else)

and

I have a hotmail account I use for my emails. Is there anyway to have this pushed directly to my handset?

Cheers

Al

Advertisement
  2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Can't help with the hotmail thing, but to remove widgets, just long press on them (put your finger on them and hold it on the screen). The widget will then be moveable for repositioning, or removable if you drag it to the bottom of the screen.

You can then long press on a blank area or use the + sign in the bottom right to add new widgets to your screen layout.

3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

You can push your hotmail by forwarding all hotmail to gmail, and making gmail auto label it with H'Hotmail'. Then put a label shortcut to hotmail on your phone desktop.

Thats what i do and it works a treat.

4. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

ANother way to get your Hotmail (though NOT push) is to set it up as a POP3 account. Used to be that only older accounts and paid accounts got POP3 access but now they all do.

Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)

Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (SSL enabled, port 25)

User name is your Hotmail email address.

You can check it regularly, but it won't push to your phone. I think that Hotmail limit you to checking every 15mins or more though not certain.

5. allan.lapsley

@ Brykins....

I have tried your method but unfortunately this hasnt worked. Its just coming up saying cannot find the server.

Also another question, How do I close the apps down that are running?

Thanks

6. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

If it says it can't find the server then you have either no internet connection, or you have entered the server details wrongly. If it says invalid user name and/or password then you have the server right, but wrong email/password combination.

Double check your settings: pop3.live.com, SSL security, port 995.

Closing down apps....there's a school of thought that says that the Android OS is supposed to handle that itself and you don't need to worry. Personally I use Advanced Task Manager Free by Arron La and that works fine. I have it set to ignore Email, Twitter, Clock, Messages and to kill every thing else.

7. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

I had to set incoming security to ssl and outgoing to tls to make mine work, all other settings same as brykins :)

8. allan.lapsley

Got the email working now mate, works a treat. Thanks very much. Still having trouble with the app but all works great. Love the hero

9. allan.lapsley

Ok, got my email coming in perfect... its not sending any emails unfortunately :(

Also does anyone feel the camera is really really poor? all my pictures are dark! please help lol

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

read my hero guide. pictures are pretty poor in very low light conditions