couple of issues on new evoSupport

Last Updated:

1. tyr-sog

tyr-sog Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any issues with the vibration mechanism making a clanking sound, weird thump, and bit of a grind(sounds like it anyways). Phone is two weeks old. The other issue is a blown ear speaker. Debating on a return being the phone is 2 weeks old but would rather not if possible.

Another issue that just crept up is major typing lag. Any ideas?

All stock.

Advertisement
  2. tmwilsoniv

tmwilsoniv Well-Known Member

Just a thought.
    Go to your phone's keypad and enter ##786#

Scroll down and look at "Reconditioned Status" or "Reconditioned Date." Both should read <Not Available>
    This would indicate that your phone was shipped new and unused from the factory.

Either way, I think it would behoove you to get a replacement at your earliest convenience.

3. tyr-sog

Thanks for the reply. For the code entry it says..

<not available>

Says the same for date.

Yea, I'm gonna call Sprint for a return unfortunately. Was hoping for a miracle cure for these couple of issues lol.

Are screen protectors transferable?

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Are screen protectors transferable?[/QUOTE]

Some are some are not. Check with the manufacturer of that screen protector. If no grab you a 6 pack on ebay for 6.50. Pm me if you need the link.

5. tyr-sog

Its the SP that comes with the Otterbox.

I called sprint and they want to charge a $35 restocking fee within the 30days for a defective phone?

That's kind of BS.

I'll take it to a B&M, see if I can get different results.

6. faber78

faber78 Guest

^tell them you arent paying them to restock a defective phone they sold you and that you WILL pay your way out of contract and switch carriers to one with phones that do work.
    then if they dont replace it for free, leave them.
    verizons droid x is nice.

on that note, they will probably give you a refurb anyway....which leads to telling them you arent paying them to give you a refurb phone in replacement for a new one they sold you that doesnt work.

at some point i stopped putting up with that crap from companies and make it clear to them i will go elsewhere, they seem to see it my way after that.

7. peaches75

peaches75 Member

If you don't have time to take it to a B&M, try calling back and talking to different rep. My first EVO had a defective camera and I was able to exchange it without a problem. This was back when they were backordered and they even assured me that I could continue to use the defective EVO while I waited for a replacement to become available and that even if the 30-day mark passed, they would accept the return.

Good luck!